“Very nice. ”

Gypsy Kitchen at the Refectory
Ranked #67 of 641 Restaurants in Lancaster
Price range: US$ 18 - US$ 37
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casual fine dining. Delicious, affordable and colorful cuisine. Many locally sourced items. BYOB . Available for catered events.
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Amazing food and surroundings in a building on lancaster theological seminar. (Founded 1825). The beet salad was spectacular. The rest of the meal was great also. I almost ordered the beet salad for dessert though. Open limited hours so check their website.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

if you tend to be cold on a cold night, ask for a table by the radiators! Food is very good, sometimes a little heavy but very satisfying. Menu doesn't change especially often. It's BYOB which we really appreciate. Service is pleasant and the seminary refectory ambience is really quite charming.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

It's a little tricky to find. I parked on the street south of the Refectory. Walked north. past some dorms, the book shop and found at the end of the walk. Beautiful building. Inside looks like a King Arthur dining hall with two fireplaces. Great romantic ambiance.
Menu was limited and we weren't sure we would like the items since they seemed rather ordinary. But the food was excellent, well presented, very tasty.
We ate family style-no one was hungry for more and we had a chance to try everything.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

I LOVE their BLT. I know, a BLT, not that exciting, well let me tell you they do it right. Excellent multigrain bread, wonderful thick cut bacon [I suspect it's from Central Market but never asked], tomato & lettuce are good quality. The ingredients combine to be the very best BLT I've ever eaten & it is consistently so. They have great soup & a very good Vegetarian Chili & I'm a meat lover. Numerous wonderful lunches here, their menu changes with excellent choice but I tend to BLT it more than not. The ambience is outstanding. I expect to see Grendel burst into the Refectory at some point during my lunch. They're open for dinner on weekends but I've yet to attend. It is on my short list.

2  Thank dan l
Reviewed 28 July 2017

We have gone to Gypsy Kitchen quite a few times. What do we like about it? Homey atmosphere, you aren't hurried at all, fireplace lit in the winter, BYOB which is always a plus, GREAT homemade food, and delicious dessert to end the evening. Truely a great find!