Ichiban Japanese Steak & Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #253 of 630 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ichiban Steak and Seafood Restaurant sushi bar and lounge | Hibachi grill | BYOB | Take out available | Groups and special occasions welcome | Reservations recommended
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Went to the hibachi grill for granddaughters birthday. The food was pretty good, but there was absolutely no show by the chef. The steak tasted good, the fried rice as okay, nothing special. I am used to having the chef interact with who he is cooking for but that did not happen at all.

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

My family and I found this hibachi in Lancaster. Overall the food was edibable, but not great.
Back home our hibachi dinners come with more for the same price and it's a chain. My youngest lives lo mein noodles, no dice. At the manager was kind enough to let me walk next door to the buffet to get carry out for my 5 year old ( lo mein noodles ).
The soup tasted like a bowl of pepper and the salad had a distinct taste to It. Not what we are used to. My hibachi meal was good, can't complain about that. However, like I said they give you less for the price you pay. Back home my plate is overflowing for the same price.
I had the Shogun Roll to start off. I choose tuna over salmon, because of some kind of tapeworm going around in salmon. Shogun Roll was pretty dang good. I would recommend.
Would I suggest not eating here, no. Everyone has their own opinion, someone else may find it to be the best ever. Just not me, I've been to many numerous hibachi grills and this one would rate towards the bottom for me.

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

Do NOT go here! Service was bad, food had little to no flavoring and prices are INSANE. For what we ordered it costed us $51 for two plates of food (we had the hibachi chicken) and four drinks. It took almost 15 minutes for someone to take our drink orders, 5 minutes to receive our drinks and then another 15-20 minutes until the server came back to take our orders. To top of our experience, the food portions were so SMALL that we left hungry. Typically, hibachi's are fun experiences, but this was beyond BORING. We will NOT be returning!!

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

I have been to several hibachi type restaurants, this one is the same as the others. Plenty of decent food, good atmosphere. Never had a really great "show" by the chef but that wouldn't keep me from going back. Our daughters love the fun and food. Even a good place for date night.

Reviewed 8 September 2016

WE visited for dinner two nights ago --the owner greets us -seats us and then proceeds to be our waiter --they had no waiter --we order sushi -the rice was the cheapest grade possible -similar to supermarket sushi --we ask for napkins -the owner waiter gives us small bar napkins --rolls were mediocre ---the place was empty -right next door is a buffet that we visited the next evening --they had good sushi --now I know why the buffet is packed and next door is no one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Andrea S