“Great Indian curry spot in downtown Lancaster.”

Himalayan Curry and Grill
Ranked #3 of 614 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Nepalese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 January 2017

A delicious downtown curry joint; very tasty and moderately priced. We usually take out; it's hard to find nearby street parking, but the restaurant itself has a nice mellow vibe and ambience. It's the best Indian food around Lancaster.

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Columbus traveled around the globe in search of Indian spices and its no surprise why when you taste Indian food. The flavorful spice extravaganza of India is like no other. That being said, I found my lamb meal underwhelming in the spice and flavoring here. It almost didn't even taste like lamb, which pleased my wife but disappointed me. Her chicken was better. It was good, just not up to the expectations I had given the reviews. I did enjoy the garlic naan bread and appreciate the clay oven flavor, a must for an good Indian place. The atmosphere is tiny and stuffed. I like my space and would only return during off times. My mango juice was good, did not take note that it is BYO drink before coming. Indian is my favorite food, I found this place lacking on the signature spices that lured the lost Columbus to the American shores.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

Visited for the 1ST time on 1/6/16 - You Will need reservations for the weekend evenings due to size of the restaurant.. My wife & I shared an appetizer of vegetable momo. It was very flavorful & enough for both of us. For the main course we had the salmon curry & chicken tikki marsala (sp) . Both were very good but neither had a vegetable side option - which was a bit disappointing . Overall a good experience with good service.
Note : For some people , it could be a bit spicy & hot but you can request a milder seasoning on all entrees. Will definitely be going back again & maybe for the buffet , which is a lunchtime option.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

My children took me for dinner to celebrate Mothers Day. The ambiance, food and service were all divine!

Reviewed 31 December 2016

We have been here a several times and this is a great restaurant. It is a BYOB and is often crowded (best to have reservation). Everyone we have been here with has had a great meal and wants to come back. I love the Nepali Chicken Chilli - spicy with great flavor. The service is great - very attentive but not overbearing. Looking forward to our next visit.

1  Thank SCtravelnotes