“Fresh Sushi, Unique Style”

Shogun Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #158 of 650 Restaurants in Lancaster
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

When you hear the words “Mall Sushi” you think the worst, but Shogun at the Park City Mall will change your mind. Lancaster, PA is becoming a competitor market for good sushi and Japanese Steakhouses. Shogun does both well. Fresh ingredients, friendly service, and creative plating, make this a worthy stop. The ambiance is unique. Kind of a 1970’s booth and table vibe mixed with loud rock music, neon lit bar and sushi chef prep area. Some dishes are served over blinking pastel LED lit crushed ice, which was unexpected and very cool. Susan, the waitress was also friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Wanted to try something different and this was perfect. I was not rushed and enjoyed a very relaxing evening. I had the Tuna Roll and Philadelphia Roll. The best was the Shogun Mai Tai. Took me right back to Hawaii !! I liked the fact that if I didn't want the Hibachi, I could enjoy eating at a table. Good choice

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Nice, but how much garlic do you have to use? We asked for hibachi and they dragged it out for 30 mins waiting for more people. Hibachi chef came out and started cooking. Every thing he put on the grill got at least 1/4 cup of garlic. Definitely not necessary. Not everyone likes it. We tried it, no need to go back.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We will definitely be back! Had the Filet and Lobster Hibachi meal. Everything was fantastic. The steak and rice in particular among the best I have had (and I love Hibachi so I have tried many). My wife had a sushi roll which was excellent as well. Our server spoke limited English but was very pleasant and helpful. And the chef did a nice job of making it fun without being over the top

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Hubby got the lobster tail & chicken hibachi and it was yummy. I ordered scallops & NY strip hibachi. Chef at table forgot to give me steak. He had enough for everyone when he brought it out but accidentally gave every at our hibachi table extra and I got none. My hubby told him right away and he apologized and said he would get it right away. He proceeded to clean and scrub the grill next and put all his stuff away. Then he went in kitchen and made it back there. When he brought it out everyone else at table was done eating, rest of my food was cold waiting for it, it wasn't cooked properly and every single bite of steak had gristle in it. I received the smallest order of steak out of like 6 of us who ordered steak!!! Still paid full price after that too.