“Nice family resort” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Nice family resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We visited for President's day weekend. We were two families with toddlers - a 3 year old boy and a two year old girl. We had adjoining rooms, both with two queen beds. The rooms were larger than many I've been too and had a refridgerator and microwave, which is always a bonus.

Our rooms over looked the interior party room, which was a little strange. We had great big windows, but our view was someone's wedding party. But our kids really enjoyed watching the wedding party dancing so it turned out okay.

We really enjoyed the indoor pool. It was quite large, which was good because there were a lot of people in it. It is a salt-water pool, which I always enjoy more than clorine. We also enjoyed the playground which has a lot of fun equipment.

The resort looked like it would be more fun in the summer time. There is a splashpark which I know our toddlers would have loved.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank NotYourBroom
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (773)
Baltimore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

If you are going to stay here, don't pick the Romance Package. Pick another package. This one is not the better value. Most other packages offer breakfast, dinner, wine, coupons for outlet shopping. This one only provides breakfast and champagne. The room we stayed in with this package was very small and in the bathroom, I had to move out the coffee pot and setup just to get a vanity bag on the counter. The door butts right up against the toilet. I had to step out so my husband could get his shower. Two people cannot be in this enclosed space at the same time and the vanity mirror is in there so it was interesting getting ready. We had a lovely breakfast, but get the buffet because if you read the paper they include, your breakfast is only worth $4 if you get the breakfast in bed as promised from the promotion. I still have the paper saying if I order a la carte (only $4.00 is credited.) I felt cheated. They suggest you use your Sunday breakfast ticket toward the champage brunch, but it is only worth an $8.00 credit toward that which is around $36.00 so the buffet is your only option according to the paper which was dissappointing since we would have liked to have breakfast in our room as promised. We ordered room service the first night and (2) items from the menu that totaled $22.00 ending up costing us $33.00 when delivered. That is much more than the $2.00 service charge and tax. We didn't eat right away, but found there was no way to heat the food (no microwave in room). This is not provided which is usually standard in most rooms. The 2nd day, we headed out at 7:30 a.m. and left the tag on the door to have the room cleaned (along with a tip). The room still wasn't done when we got back at 2:45 after a long day of touring. I went to the front desk and was told by the clerk that they had a large group leave and those rooms are always done first which left my husband and I, on our 23 wedding anniversary, sitting around waiting for our room. Something is wrong when paying guests come 2nd to ones no longer there. My husband and I use to love to come here. We brought our grandson in the summer and stayed a couple of times each year. Something has changed at this hotel, but if you don't mind any of this, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Don't pick the Romance Package. Be careful of the room you get because some of them are extreme...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kathleen W
mclossey, General Manager at Eden Resort & Suites, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments and personal observations regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Premier Eden Resort and Suites. I apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered. For your information, our Manager On Duty is available twenty-four hours per day and by dialing -0- at any time during your visit, we are happy to assist any concern. I am glad you were able to speak to the Assistant General Manager, Ms. Melissa Depoe and you were able to resolve your concerns. Also, we are currently adding microwaves to all of our West Wing guest rooms assuring every room at our resort has one. Until the actual installation is completed, microwaves are always available by requesting one through our reservations department or front desk after checking.

On behalf of all of the Eden team, "Happy Anniversary" and best wishes. Thank you, most of all, for choosing the Eden Resort and for being our guest. We look forward to your next visit.

Mark Clossey, GM
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

What a great place. I traveled with a 16 and 19 year old and we needed space and the resort provided it. We stayed in the 2 bedroom penthouse unit and it was beautiful. The grounds were a delight as well. My teens played a game of pool and ping pong outside. The indoor pool and jacuzzi were great and the lifeguards did a great job keeping all the little kids out of the jacuzzi so it was relaxing - another great part of the pool was there was a deep side. The hotel is constantly maintaining the property so everything runs great. The front desk staff was very helpful as well. We noticed a bees nest on the deck and they took care of it immediately. Highly recommend it - loved the privacy of the suites in the back. The only thing I didn't like was the parking - wish they would add a place you could park to unload the car - besides that - the place was great.

Room Tip: When I booked I asked for a quiet room and did get one - not sure how quiet it would be once the out...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank livem1
Brooklyn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

I recently stayed at the Eden Resort for Easter weekend and had a blast. I traveled with my boyfriend, sister and family and we had a really good time! We stayed in the Villa rooms and loved it! I felt like I was more in a one bedroom apartment than a hotel room. The fireplace, living room area and kitchen made the place quite comfortable and a home away from home. The shower was really nice and the King size bed was very comfy. I would definitely stay here the next time I visit Lancaster.

We also attended the Easter Brunch which was really nice. The had about (8) stations to choose from and the food, canolis and other desserts were out of this world. Our hostess was very friendly and he brought me this nice cocktail drink diced with a Strawberry that I can't remember but was very good.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying in the Villa if you are traveling with kids. It gives you more space. Als...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LadyBugzz
Downingtown, Pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

I was there for a two day conference. The service was great, the food was good. Two concerns come to mind. My room had a balcony overlooking the indoor pool. Upon arrival, I could smell chlorine in the hallway at the door of my room. After two nights of staying there, I did have a headache and my eyes were irritated by the morning. The noise of the kids in the pool did not bother me since the pool was cleared by 10pm. Also, the lighting over the shower could have been better.
The hotel and the grounds are beautifully maiintained and the hotel staff were professional and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms over the pool should be avoided if your travelling alone.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business