“Great Getaway”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Downingtown, Pa
“Great Getaway”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I was there for a two day conference. The service was great, the food was good. Two concerns come to mind. My room had a balcony overlooking the indoor pool. Upon arrival, I could smell chlorine in the hallway at the door of my room. After two nights of staying there, I did have a headache and my eyes were irritated by the morning. The noise of the kids in the pool did not bother me since the pool was cleared by 10pm. Also, the lighting over the shower could have been better.
The hotel and the grounds are beautifully maiintained and the hotel staff were professional and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms over the pool should be avoided if your travelling alone.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Maureen R
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (803)
Strasburg, Virginia
Reviewed 19 April 2012

No complaints about the beautiful room in this beautiful hotel. We were so impressed with this place that a few hours after checking in for what was to be a one night stay we booked a second night. The second night cost a little more but was well worth it once they added the delicious breakfast bar that came with it. There is a Sheetz convenience store close by so my first morning's breakfast came from there.
There is a lot to do here at the resort and we made use of many of the amenities, including a game of outdoor billiards, the indoor pool, and of course a relaxing dip in the hot tub before retiring each evening. We even ate most of our meals in the hotel restaurant Garfield.
The staff was friendly and very helpful and the rooms were spacious and clean. On the down side I woke up with a back ache but my fiancé slept well in the same bed, go figure. On the plus side I especially liked the large bathroom that allowed for privacy while changing.
My only complaint would be that we had to drive a lot to see the attractions we wanted to see. I think that might have been poor planning on our part. I’m still not sure about that.

Room Tip: We chose a room by the pool and there was considerable noise. Although it didn't bother us it ma...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dawn M
Coatesville
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We are only 35 minutes away but we love the Eden. The Villas are awesome as they are like a home away from home.. I love this place because they are pet friendly and we can take our dogs with us. Recently took my husband for his birthday and we had room service and ordered the prime rib from Garfields. It was awesome. Love the pool and hot tub. We will go whenever we need a few days just to get away. The Eden is very accomodating and they are very friendly. I love that you have a few restaurants to pick from and you don't have to get in your car to go anywhere. Used to think that the Morgantown Holiday Inn was great - the Eden is above and beyond. The Eden rocks.........can't wait to go back again and my 2 boston terriers love it.....

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue S
va
Reviewed 16 April 2012

What a wonderful find in Lancaster. First class all the way. Five major functions were happening at the same time and we were not hindered with our activities at all. No noise. All staff was very professional and eager to help. I will be back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank bdinnab
baltimore
Reviewed 16 April 2012

This resort was very busy when we checked in. I asked for a quiet room away from noise and they delivered. This hotel is very large and spread out. We stayed in a wing that required a hotel key to get to that floor. We had a room that overlooked a courtyard.The room was nicely decorated, but the bathroom was rather small. The hotel was very busy this weekend hosting prom, conferences and bus tours, but you would not have known it unless you went through the lobby and main areas. The indoor pool and hot tub looked nice but way to crowded for us.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple