“Give this lovely place a chance.. Beautiful home and amazing hosts”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
Country Patches B & B
Ranked #18 of 22 Lancaster B&B and Inns
york pa
“Give this lovely place a chance.. Beautiful home and amazing hosts”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We happened to come upon this charming home after we were 'overbooked' at the Ellmaker House in Lancaster, a few miles down the road. We had reservations at Ellmaker for several weeks but were never told they accidentally overbooked us until we arrived, exhausted, at almost 9pm in the evening with all of our luggage. (I will do another review for this other B/B at a later point). Mistakes happen but we were fortunate to secure a room at Country Patches B/B with the help of the hostess from Ellmaker.

Lois and Doug, the owners of Country Patches, enjoying an evening at a restaurant when they got the call from the other inn keeper asking if they had availability. They quickly finished dinner and returned to their home to prepare for our arrival. They were so friendly and we stayed up for a little while enjoying their company. We were led to our room after being given a brief tour and retired for the night. The next morning, Lois prepared an amazing and delicious breakfast for us and at an earlier time than usual (we had plans to go to the Gap Mud Sale). We were never made to feel that we weren't important because we were the only guests that evening. Lois prepared a delicious breakfast even though we were the only 2 eating.

The rooms in this huge home were absolutely gorgeous and Lois shared that she and Doug did the renovations themselves. There is so much detail in this lovely home and it is definitely worth staying here. You will not be disappointed.
And we even saved a few dollars as it was less expensive than the original home we booked. The location is perfect (on Lincoln Highway/ Route 30) and close to everything, yet very quiet at night.

I can not say enough wonderful things about this beautiful home and the lovely hosts. Although I was disappointed at first about our 'messed up' reservations, I was glad in the end that things turned out the way they did. A very special thank you to our new friends, Lois and Doug

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelinmama1731
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed 18 September 2010

The house is gorgeous, the rooms were breathtaking, and Lois, the hostess makes the BEST breakfast. By all means come check this place out!

• Stayed September 2010
Virginia
Reviewed 5 June 2008

The hostess was friendly; The house itself was gorgeous outside.

But I missed having a place on the first floor to lounge around; the one room had formal, uncomfortable-looking furniture not conducive to a relaxed experience. No snacks were available upon our arrival, nor was there anything to drink.

We had booked a room with a private bath. What wasn't explained until we got there was that it was across the hall from our room, not attached. No robes were provided for a midnight dash to the facilities. Reading lamps weren't bright enough to read by, and my husband said that the bathroom light wasn't bright enough for him to easily put in his contact lenses. Also, we were given no key to our room, because our bedroom door didn't lock on the outside. Thus, I felt uneasy leaving any valuables in our room. (It could be locked on the inside, however, and I did feel secure when were were sleeping.) We were there for two nights, but no housekeeping services were provided the second morning of our stay.

Breakfast the next morning was adequate, except for the bacon, which was definitely burned. (The guests at the breakfast table couldn't believe that we were served charred bacon!) Not only that, but also, there was scarcely enough breakfast for the additional couple seated with us, and when another couple joined the group, what was left was definitely insufficient for them! (We all excused ourselves at that point and didn't wait to see if the hostess brought out more for them.)

On the plus side, the hostess was chatty, the bed comfortable, and the room peaceful and quiet. She even loaned me a book about the area, which I found very interesting. There was a couch in our room, so my husband, who prefers to sleep by himself, was able to stretch out and get some good sleep on that. The hostess was glad to put my "doggie bag"contents from a local restaurant in a "guest refrigerator," although it was in her private living quarters, and I didn't feel comfortable accessing it without her present.

This place wasn't my favorite by a long shot, but then again, it was more reasonably priced than most. The location was fairly convenient, and of course, because I love old houses, I enjoyed what I could go through of this one.

• Liked — Quiet, comfortable room; interesting old house
  • Disliked — Food; unattached bath we hadn't known abou; not way to lock the room door from the outside
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Traveling4Adventure
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
1.0 km away
Best Western Plus Revere Inn & Suites
8.1 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
7.4 km away
Fulton Steamboat Inn
#2 of 39 in Lancaster
20.9 km away
Lovelace Manor Bed and Breakfast

Been to Country Patches B & B? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK