“Great Escape”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lakeville
Ohio
“Great Escape”
Reviewed 3 August 2012

This was our 4th visit and we have stayed at all three locations. Cove Haven is by far the best. The lake, the pools and all the activities are wonderful. It is a wonderful escape and much needed r & r from our hectic life with work and kids. Its worth the 6 hour drive and we would stay longer if we could. The most we have stayed is 3 nights and we always wish we had 1 more day. We are already looking forward to our stay next year.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
You are officially Forever Lovers! See you next year (maybe 4 nights!).
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (528)
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Here's the scoop. My wife and I stayed there July 28-30th, it cost approximately $593.00 for the Harbor Tower room. The "all-inclusive" resort Includes two dinners and two breakfasts, included with these meals are beverages, but we all know that right? I had no issue with the food, it was OK.

Let's talk about the grounds. The place is old. They do not pride themselves on keeping up with the grounds. This did not bother me, I am just stating fact.

There were two pools that I saw. I hung out at the heart shaped pool near "Tan lines" bar. The pools are tiny. They are about the size of a small residential in ground pool. I was very happy it wasnt busy. Once again this did not bother me.Some of the buildings had roofs caving in.

The sports arena had put put golf, arcade games, ice skaiting, tennis and racquet ball. The place was OK, kind of felt like you were part of a strange government experiment. There was insulation that appeared I be falling from the ceiling on the tennis court. I didn't bring socks on the trip, so I didn't get to partake in the ice skating. I don't know much about it, but it didn't appear to be kept up with. I do admit I dot know much about the ice.

The cafe... I would say it was in my opinion the nicest spot. It did have limited wi Fi, arcade, basketball, archery and snack bar.

The coliseum resteraunt. This place looked like Vegas in the 80's. The food was good and the staff was OK. I am confused why they have large tables. I took this getaway to be alone with my wife. Replace the cruise style seating with private tables. You may ask for a table for two.

The night club. It wasnt my ball of wax. I Wildfire, the band on Sunday night, was horrible.

The room. We stayed in the Harbour Tower. It was clean, until I dropped the remote and lOoked under the bed. The underside of the box springs were ripped out and full of "Dust bunnies". There is no Wi Fi in the room and the TV is a tube style. There is a small fridge. Being your own champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, rose petals and orange juice (mimosa). I did and my wife really appreciated it.

A little about me. I am 33 years old, military veteran and police officer. I am a middle class average joe that had to work some Overtime to afford this trip.

At hotels and flights is the only time I let people know my background and what I do for work. I don't expect handouts, but sometimes it gets you complimentary upgrades. Not this time.

The lake. The only options were paddle boats and a boat ride. No sailboats, nothing but a tease. There is a very limited area you can go, due to the fact this is a public lake. There are private homes about 50 yards from the resort.

My overall opinion of this place is that it stopped updating itself in the late 80's early 90's. I felt the entire time like I was in some military experiment. Everything seemed strange. Do that many people want to ice skate? Indoor archery?

My recommendations are as follows; update your technology. From the TV, VCR and Wi Fi. all arcade games should be free. Drop the "All inclusive". It is very deceiving. All it is breakfast and dinner. I don't want the impression to be made that I wasn't aware of this, because I was fully. I just dont believe you can say all inclusive . Why not include lunch? Update, update, update.

I would recommend you pass on cove have and go to a nice city and rent a nice jacuzzi suite at a nice hotel.

I would not recommend this place to anyone. It is outdated and boring.

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank Shaunbask
Thank you for the review Shaunbask. I'd like the opportunity to follow up on your getaway - please consider emailing me at PoconoResorts@starwoodhotels.com.
long Island NY
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Some people have been critical of conditionds of the rooms at this resort. However we have stayed at cove Haven more than 20 times in the past 20 years and found that the Managers are very responsive. Recently they have upgraded the bedding, the carpets, the grounds, the air conditioning/heating, the TVs and the quality of the food at the resort. Every staff member is courteous and helpful in every way.
The suites are dreams. Some have private indoor pools, dreamy jacuzzis,steam showers, saunas, twinkling ceiling lights, fireplaces, round beds surrounded by mirrors. When people ask us how did you stay married so long, we tell them it is because we frequent Cove Haven.
Daily, there are indoor activities and outdoor stuff, or you can just hang out and do nothing during the day. There are fun activities, dancing and shows at night. You can participate or just do your own thing.You can meet other people or be alone. Or, you can go with friends.
We left July 27, 2012 after spending 3 nights and 4 days there and feel fresh and renewed and very relaxed. It is perfect for a Honeymoon and for all couples who like each other. Most people who try it..return, and that is why there are so many "Forever Lovers". We will return !

Room Tip: Bring Bubble bath and your favorite shower gel. If you choose a room with a pool, bring a child'...
2 Thank Judy S
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Aww… I love this! We hope that you keep your romance going forever and ever!
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Our trip met our expectation and then some. We celebrated our Honeymoon here and receivd some extra goodis. We loved everything from the food to the room to the cleanliness and the people. Honest phil is hillarious. There is so much to do and eat. We loved it and will be going back again.

• Stayed July 2012
This is great tajaley51! Thank you for all the compliments!
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2012

My wife and I are celebrating 20 love filled years. This resort weekend was our best to date. We were first time visitors and enjoyed every minute so much, we did not want to leave and come back to reality. We will be visiting again. After an eight hour drive and arriving at 3AM, the day of our check-in, we were able to get a suite for the night (5 hours) and then move right into our booked suite for our get-away. The staff was VERY accommodating and courteous and there was always something to keep us going. Thank you Cove Haven for a wonderful weekend retreat.

Room Tip: We found the Juliet room to be more "modernized" than the Cove Harbour. However, the jacu...
1 Thank Larry C
RomanceManager, Manager at Cove Haven Resort, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Thank you Larry C! We hope to see you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeville
37.3 km away
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono
15.7 km away
The Lodge at Woodloch

Been to Cove Haven Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK