All reviewsroom was cleanfront deskfree breakfastdecent breakfastwould stay here againgluten free itemstwin rocksyogurtfirst floorvery nice hotelneeded a place to staythe breakfast arealake wallenpaupackscranton areahot breakfaststayed one nightlakes region
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Stayed here with two kids and my parents for 4 nights in June 2017. Hotel is very clean, rooms are comfortable, everything is in good shape. Continental breakfast had plenty of options to choose from. Games room was a perk for the kids. Staff were all courteous and pleasant. Hotel is located next to a quaint diner, which also has a small souvenir shop. Perfect place to stay in the Pocono mountains region.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

The goods/free breakfast & cookies,comfy beds,nice people,pretty view of mountains!Game room..The bad/crappy housekeeping,did not clean our room just made beds& gave us clean towels,only close restaurant was the diner (which was good food),water had a smell to it,guest laundry dryers sucked!Rooms smelled musky,& old like the carpets need shampooed or something.Thank gosh I had air freshener with me.I I think the only reason they got the excellent award through TripAdvisor is because it's a hotel in the middle of freaking nowhere.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank lagrange79
Aimee H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Pocono Lakes Region, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Please accept my sincere apology for any frustration this may have caused you. Your suggestions can really help. Thank you for letting us know about this experience. Our property will be under going many renovations over the next 24 months which hopefully all of our guests will find very appealing.

We look forward to welcoming you back again!

The Staff & Management

Reviewed 11 August 2017

I keep coming back to this Comfort Inn when I have to cross Pennsylvania. It's because of the people who work there. Everyone from the reservationist to the woman stocking the breakfast bar in the morning is ridiculously cheerful and helpful. The hotel has not been boutiquified; t's not that the rooms have been spectacular—they are certainly clean and pleasant. It's really the staff. We have two small dogs and stay in the pet-friendly rooms.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Aimee H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Pocono Lakes Region, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Thank you very much for your kind words. We really do appreciate this feedback and look forward to welcoming you back when you return to our area!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

This hotel has been flagged as a place we intend to stop at whenever we're in the vicinity.

We found ourselves dragging when we were a few hours from here so I called and booked a room here for the night. Check in was fast and easy. We received a room right near a side door so we were able to unload easily. Nick called from the front desk to make sure everything was fine with the room. Which everything was.

The room was clean, there's a raised platform in the closet to store your things, the beds and linens were comfortable and the HVAC worked well. The hotel is pet friendly and we didn't receive a room that was 'decrepit'. The morning breakfast is good with hot food included. The sausages were plump and juicy.

Unfortunately, for the second time, we spilled food while eating. Last time, salad dressing went on the floor. This time, tomato sauce spilled on a sheet. On both visits, I told the front desk when we were checking out. Each time they thanked me for letting them know and said not to worry about it.

Highly recommended for a comfortable night's stay.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

It is always a pleasure to have you stay with us!

Enjoy!

Reviewed 5 August 2017

We arrived late in the afternoon and our room was ready. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful when I asked about a place to have dinner that evening. Our room was very clean and the beds were quite comfortable. I question their "firm" and "soft" pillows - they all felt the same to me - soft, and I prefer a firm pillow. Bathroom was extremely small. Had to wedge in between toilet and tub to open/close the door. But it was clean. The water throughout the hotel tasted terrible. Glad we had bottles of our own water with us. It even left our hair and skin feeling sort of sticky after showering. The diner next door to hotel had the same nasty tasting water. Plenty of parking even though several 18 wheelers were in the lot but wish they had more handicapped designated spots. Breakfast was good but typical of what you find at this type of hotel. Had excellent dinner at nearby John's Italian Restaurant (one of two recommended by front desk staff). Room was quiet even though there was a connecting door to the next room. Never heard our neighbors or anyone in the hall.

Room Tip: Very easy to get to - just yards from the exit off I-80.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

So happy you enjoyed your visit with us! Thank you for your thoughtful review!

Hope to see you next time,