“Back Again”

Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Lahaska
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 27
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a full service, BYOB authentic Italian restaurant. We accept reservations for parties of 6 or more guests, and offer call-ahead seating for smaller parties to be placed on the wait list before your arrival.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This is one of our favorite restaurants; they have a good menu and the prices are reasonable. We always try to stop by for lunch or dinner when we're in the area visiting family, but we were there to celebrate my fiancée's bday. This is a BYOB restaurant (common in NJ/PA), so we stopped and picked up a nice Riesling at one of the local liquor stores, which they poured for us. This time, I had the Caprese Bruschetta and chicken noodle soup (tasted and homemade), which was so fresh and delicious; my entrée was the Gamberi Arrabbiata, which is spicy shrimp with garlic, basil and plum tomatoes over linguine. My fiancé had a side order of meatballs (huge) in a delicious home-made sauce; his entrée was the Maiale, which is a pan-seared pork chop with hot cherry peppers and mushrooms over pasta. Everything was delicious! We ended our meal with a Creme Brulee cheesecake, which was as decadent as we expected! I also ordered a chicken parmigiana with gluten-free pasta to take for my Mom, which she enjoyed. Service here is very good; the staff are friendly and attentive. The restaurant is located in Peddler's Village, which reminds you of a quaint little village.

1  Thank Tracey R

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Checked this out for lunch I had the salmon husband had piccata Bread in daily from Altamontes :fresh calamari, salads fresh nothing chintzy Italian waiter from Sicily.

Top notch service in a BYOB too, parking plentiful which is a big bonus in this area Siscuk

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Everyone else in our group of 6 thought their meal was good except me. I had the shrimp and scallops. The shrimp were overdone and hard as a rock and the scallops were under done. I would of rated it a 3 but the others thought it was good. We will try it again and I'll order something else.

1  Thank ogura98
Lauren H, General Manager at Villaggio Cucina, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

I am so sorry you were not happy with your dish! We always have a policy in place if you do not like your dish or want us to re-make it we will. I am glad to hear everyone else was happy though and we hope you try us again

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

I’m not a big fan of B.Y.O.B’s but was very impressed with this one. The service was exceptional with a good menu and interesting specials. The food is done right and is comparable to what we had in Italy. Will definitely go back and will recommend to anyone thinking of eating in Peddler’s Village.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

I was introduced to this restaurant several years ago by one of my friends from a group of 10 ladies. Our group went there for our annual Christmas get-together three years in a row and we had a wonderful gathering each time we met there. We found they served great food at reasonable prices and, even though it was a Sunday near the holidays, the service was both efficient and attentive. The ladies moved the gathering elsewhere this year, but my husband and I decided to go there ourselves for lunch on a weekday.

Everything was as excellent as before. Our waiter, John, could not have been more warm and attentive. They served an appetizer that day that I was not familiar with, but now hope they include on the regular menu! It was described as artichoke hearts, Italian sausage and melted cheese. What I expected was artichokes and sausage swimming in cheese but, to my delight, what I was served was artichoke hearts and a high-quality Italian sausage, all sauteed in olive oil with only a hint of cheese. It was absolutely scrumptious!

My husband and I both had veal, and it was very tender and flavorful, even though I had the "standard" Parmigiana. My husband had the Vitello Marinato (under "SPECIALITA DEL VILLAGGIO") which is grilled medallions of veal, marinated with fresh herbs, olive oil and garlic, served with sautéed broccoli rabe.

We were so happy with our experience that we decided to make it a yearly event around the holidays, coupled with a stroll through Peddler's Village across the street.