Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Cave fun

It’s been about 13 years since I’ve been here with family. It’s still great and a lot of fun. Went... read more

Reviewed 8 September 2018
392josephp
Audubon, New Jersey
via mobile
Nice local attraction

I have lived in Berks County most of my life but had never been to Crystal Cave before relatives... read more

Reviewed 15 August 2018
kittykats84
Blandon, Pennsylvania

All reviews gift shop tour guide nature trail day trip bring a jacket miniature golf ice cream stand wear sneakers light jacket minute movie tour begins walk up picnic area hot dogs cool degrees great place to visit formations
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Took the family for a Sunday birthday trip for my son. This place is tucked away in the woods. Pretty neat place. Very informative tour guides. Nice gift shop and a small eatery. The was cool looking and temperature wise too, only 54 degrees.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I remember visiting here when I was a kid and decided to take my 12 year old niece here back in June. It's a nice place, but expensive and dated. $14 a person! The video they play before entering is very old and needs updating. The tour itself was ok. The group before us had 6 people. Our group had about 25! The tour guide did a good job, but we missed a lot being in the back of the group. Probably will not need to see it again.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 4 September 2017

It rained the day we visited, but it didn't matter. This was a fun trip, the kids were fascinated by the cave. There are a few sets of stairs to climb to get up to the cave enterance, but it's much easier going down. The tour was really informative, you get to watch a movie at the start of the tour that explains the history behind the cave. The kids got a little antsy during the movie, but it wasn't too much that they couldn't wait it out. I'd definitely suggest sneakers, some areas can be a little slippery. Bring a coin or two for the kids as there is a wishing well section where they can toss in a coin. Overall, I'd say Luray Caverns in VA is larger with a few more interesting features, but this is more local and the kids still had a blast. They also enjoyed the mining set-up and the gift shop was nice also. We wanted to see the museum as well, but were strapped for time. Maybe next time!

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 24 August 2017

There were 4 of us in the party. The only negative thing is there were too many people in our tour. It was difficulty to squish together to see what the tour guide was trying to point out. We had to wait to get to the top of the lookout and by the time the end of the group got to the top the guide was already at the next site.
We ate at the cafe, the staff were very nice and everything was cooked to order! Prices were very reasonable.
The "indian" goods were NOT made by Native Americans, just because they sell dream catchers they should not be deceiving the customers.
Most of the gifts were reasonably priced.
Over all a great time and I do recommend stopping.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

We had a great tour guide in the cave, but some in our group felt a little claustrophobic. Bring a jacket - even if it's hot, the cave stays in the 50s. Skip the tour if you have trouble walking. It's was slippery and there were a lot of steps (someone on our tour slipped and fell). Interesting experience if you're into geology or history! Mini golf course was muddy (we had to skip some holes) and falling apart in places. You could find better mini golf nearby!

Date of experience: August 2017