“"RIPOFF" Got Served Imitation Crab Cakes for Nearly $30 Dollars!!!!”
Review of Vanderlyn's Restaurant - CLOSED

Vanderlyn's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Description: Vanderlyn's is a family owned fine dining restaurant featuring Regional American cuisine, that is classy, yet comfortable. Lunch is served Mon-Fri from 11:30am-2:00pm and dinner is served Tues-Sat from 5:00 till closing. There is a Private Dining Room (30 guests) and a Banquet Room (130 guests) for all special celebrations!
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I got stuck attending a dinner party for a co-worker's birthday at this place a few days ago and what a terrible experience it was. There is only one waitress for the whole place due to the fact the restaurant has a total of one car in the parking lot on a Saturday night. My entree was the worst, imitation crab cakes for $28 dollars plus tax. I asked the waitress to speak with the manager and the manager came over and rudely stated that's our version of crab cakes. She refused to take them back and return them to the kitchen stating that our policy no refunds. Everyone in our party had a horrible experience at this place which is extremely unclean and dead (only one other party of three in the whole place on a Saturday). I will never eat at this place again this restaurant gets and F-.

10  Thank Ashley M

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Definitely 5 star! If you are looking for fine dining, look no further. I had the extreme pleasure of dining at Vanderlyn's on New Year's Eve with my husband who is on a very restricted diet. Before finalizing our reservation, explaining the situation to Chef John, he prepared a special salmon dinner for him which was incredible to say the least. I believe this attests to the character and professionalism of this very talented and generous man who on a very busy night took the time and concern to accommodate our needs. I ordered the jumbo crab cakes which I must say are second to none. Absolutely the very best! Thank you Chef John, Sue, and staff for making this a special and memorable evening for us.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

We wanted to take this opportunity to thank Chef John and Sue for making our wedding day a very memorable occasion. No detail was over looked and the food was outstanding! Sue and the staff kept a watchful eye to make sure our guests were well taken care of.
Anyone considering having there wedding reception at Vanderlyn’s will not be disappointed.
Again, thank s to everyone at Vanderlyn’s!
Patty and Rick Zimmerman