Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dublin, Ireland
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

I was disappointed with our stay here. I was expecting a much higher standard of service. Maybe I overestimated what to expact based on the price. It certainly wasn't worth the 5 Star price I was charged.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank ADubontour
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

I was staying at this hotel the past two nights for a work-related trip. After the first night's stay I am now covered in bed bug bites. The hotel engineer did a sweep of my room and did, in fact, find a bed bug. I was switched to another room and they cleaned my suitcase and sent out my laundry to be clean. To their credit, the hotel staff was nice and very apologetic, but just a warning when staying at this hotel, check for bed bugs before laying down any bags/unpacking.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
      Location
      Rooms
3 Thank Alexis H
KOPKingofPrussia, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia, responded to this review, 27 September 2011
Dear Guest,

I have been a manager at the Fairfield Inn for two years and the General Manager for the past four months. During this time we have had only one confirmed case of bed bugs which was some time ago. Unfortunately, the fear and confusion over these pests can sometimes have people believe that any insect found in a room is a bed bug, which of course is not the case.

The facts regarding bed bugs are clear. They are pests brought in by an outside source or carrier. The presence of them is not an indication of a lack of cleanliness. To date there is no preventative maintenance that can be employed to stop an infestation. However, the Fairfield Inn has an intensive training for front desk, engineering and housekeeping staff on the signs to look for when it comes to bed bugs. We take the threat very seriously and will continue to do everything possible to eradicate any that we find so our guests are not subjected to them in any way. Our protocol includes immediately taking the suspected room out of order, as well as, the rooms surrounding it to the right, left, across the hall, and above and below. We then call our pest control company, Western Pest Services, who professionally inspect each room thoroughly.

I hope knowing this will put your mind at ease when traveling back to the King of Prussia area.

Thank you for having been our guest.

Jennifer Barone
Storrs, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed 3 nights. We did not spend much time in the hotel, but it was clean and the housekeeping staff was very nice when we ran into them.

Breakfast selection was better than average, but the seating area was a little tight. They did have trays if you wanted to bring your food to your room.

The inn is connected to a Bally's health club which guests are free to use. You just sign in at the Bally's desk and go work out. Very nice facilty compared to what you typically find in a hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Fort Drum, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

Wonderful customer service. Very pleasant and attentive. The rooms were average. Lots of amenities were offered like the free Bally's pass. There were fresh baked cookies available when I checked in. A decent sized mall right down the street with a few dining options. They even offered room service until 9pm. Its about a 30 minute drive from Philly but it is not in the hustle and bustle of the city. If we come back to this area we are likely to stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

We stayed there for a wedding. I didn't know what to expect as my friend said it was in a mall. It was...and what a mall! First, the hotel was wonderful: clean, comfortable, friendly staff, great location. I really appreciated the location and was glad that I was outside Philadelphia. The fact that it was close to the highway made it very convenient.

I promised myself to return to take in some shopping as we barely scratched the surface on that. I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and found it substantial with many choices. I only had time to tour the 3 storey health club attached to the hotel. Again, another reason to return! There were many restaurants nearby. I can picture a long week-end devoted to working out, shopping and eating!

Room Tip: Quality seemed very good overall so I wasn't concerned about getting the 'best' room.