“Talented Chef”

Portabello's of Kennett Square
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 29
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of historic Kennett Square, Portabello's has something for everyone. Chef Owner, Brett Hulbert's menus offer tempting selections for lunch and dinner! Amazing burgers, artisan soups and sandwiches along with signature dishes which include, Firecracker Shrimp, Mushroom Crepes, Crispy Duck, Short Rib Stroganoff & Shellfish Fra diavolo! Come visit us...we look forward to cooking for you!
Reviewed 14 April 2012

The staff is very friendly and patient. When I mentioned that my kids had several food allergies, the chef came over to the table to discuss what they liked and what they could eat. Then he went back into the kitchen and whipped up a delicious pasta and chicken dish that was not only allergy friendly but that also tasted delicious! The dish was not on the menu so we were impressed with how quickly he came up with the idea for it, how great it looked and how it was perfectly seasoned. It was the best meal the kids have ever had at a restaurant!
The pasta dishes my husband and I ordered were good and the portions generous. The warm bread and dips that accompanied them also made a great start to our meal.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

My wife and I travel from Baltimore to Kennett Square at least 6 times per year and usually eat at Talula's Table or Sovana Bistro. This past weekend I was searching T/A for info on Longwood Gardens food choices and found Portabello's. I read the reviews and decided to try it out for dinner. We were both impressed with every aspect of the visit. Our waitress Barbara couldn't have been any better. She was attentive without hovering over us too much. The menu has a wide variety, and there were 4 specials to choose from. They start you out with a bean dip and olive oil for your Italian Bread that was as good as any I have ever had. I had the lambchop special and my wife had the Shellfish Fra Diavolo. Both were excellent. Even though my lambchops were a tiny bit overcooked, I ordered medium and 2 of the 4 chops were medium well, the quality of the lamb made that error not matter. My wife's dish had a good size lobster tail that was of very good quality as were the shrimp, and the pasta underneath was cooked perfectly. We had the chocolate/brownie ice cream for desert that comes from La Michoacana Ice Cream down the street. The chef/owner and his wife took time at the end of our meal to check in with us to see how we liked everything. It was a perfect end to a great meal. Between the excellent staff, menu and ambiance we can't wait to try Portabello's again.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Portabello's is a BYOB--not a problem as a liquor store is conveniently located across the street. The menu has wonderful offerings from seafood to pasta. The hostess, chef, and waitress were very friendly and accommodating. The dishes were well presented and the desserts, which were provided through a local baker, were above average. We got to chatting so much with the waitress that she forgot our request for bread which she should have given us before our entrees and she forgot our coffee. So--don't distract her! It's a very cozy restaurant in an historical building and one that I would highly recommend!

Reviewed 14 March 2012

After Canceling my previous reservations upon finding this Marvelous (BYOB) Restaurant. We ended up spending New Years in Delight. This Lovely couple and their staff can not do enough for you. The per fixed menu was Superb the food was done to perfection. The Love that this couple as for themselves (as you can see on the photo) reflects on the Great Staff , Marvelous Food and lovely Restaurant. A Foodie my self for over forty years I can say it is a MUST GO !!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 10 March 2012

The burger was good, but the table next to the front window smelled like a cat's litter box. Too much horse radish on the roast beef sandwich.