All reviews parking garage room was clean war memorial room service inclined plane in town short trip piano player special thanks hot tub common areas hotel bar lobby area ahead of time business traveler staff was friendly sauna
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Was greeted when arrived, went over al information on charges. Told about restaurant, pool and work out room. When receipt came out, went over $5.00 parking fee. Sorry was not happy with this. First of all the parking lot was very dirty, lots of crumbling cement around. Not sure hey they charge for this. Was a mess. But the hotel it self was clean. Nice tv, microwave, and keurig . Need to irk on parking lot if you charge.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Pam F
Amy T, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Hi Pam,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Johnstown-Downtown. Thank you also for taking time from your busy day to share your feedback – we enjoy hearing from our guests. Because we are in a downtown city environment parking is at a premium so we do charge a $5 fee to park in our monitored lot or garage. We do hope to have you back with again soon. Thanks again and have a great day!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

This is a nice Holiday Inn-room clean, refrig. It seemed fairly empty when I stayed, though it looked like there might be a soccer tournament coming in. After I received the bill, I saw that I was charged $5 for parking for each night. Rather annoying. Staff was ok.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank nancy w
Amy T, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Hi nancy w,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Johnstown-Downtown. We loved having you as our guest and appreciate your feedback. Our housekeeping staff does a tremendous job keeping our property clean for our guests, so we are proud that you noticed! Because we are in a downtown city environment parking can be at a premium, so we do charge a $5 fee to park in our monitored lot or garage. This fee is stated on our website. We do look forward to seeing you again very soon. Thanks for your kind review and business.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

This is your classic holiday inn that has been renovated. Small pool, decent workout room (phone chargers on the equipment were made for the iPhone 4), in room keurig, extra toiletries, and overall a nice looking room and bathroom. My only complaint would be the cleanliness. Haven't had this problem at any other holiday inn but for some reason the halls, room, and especially stairwell smelled like some awful (possibly) cleaning product that didn't smell very clean to me. I also did find some blood on my sheets which I understand happens but makes me very disgusted. I do think smelling that awful smell whenever I was in the room was the worst though.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank erinpooks
Amy T, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Hi erinpooks,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I would like to apologize for cleanliness you experienced during your stay - you can trust that your review has been received by management and the concerns you raised have been addressed. We do use the standard cleaning products of all Holiday Inns, so I will have the housekeeping department look into the smell.

I can only hope that this encounter did not leave you with an overall bad impression with the Holiday Inn Johnstown-Downtown. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again, and allow us to make up for the experience of your last stay.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

No ice machine on my floor. First sign they'll be going out of business. Call Choice Hotels and they'll make this into a Quality Inn. At the end of a long day, ready to relax with a cocktail and I've got to go roaming the elevator to other floors to get my ice. Sucks!
Hidden $5 parking fee. Got stamped on the slip as I checked in. I said this was not on the website, but clerk said it is. So I went through the process of making a reservation again. No mention of parking fee. The only place you can find it is if you click on the hotels description. IT"S NOT ON THE RESERVATION PAGE! I feel robbed.

They boast "Connect Faster" and "Stay connected" but both were false. Internet signal in my room was horrendously slow and when I complained to the front desk I was told they had excellent signal throughout the property. Not true. I had to use my own hotspot to write this review. Otherwise, I would have had to stay another night - it was that slow. Nothing like being told you're wrong when you know you're right.

Room Tip: Avoid 2nd floor Argue about $5 parking
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 9jlopez

Hi 9jlopez,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Johnstown-Downtown. I appreciate you taking time to post your review of our hotel. I must apologize to you for the experience you had with us. I see you stayed on our 2nd floor, which is the only of our 6 floors that does not have an ice machine, because of the area limitations on that floor. Rest assured that the $5 overnight parking fee for our monitored lot and garage is listed on the main page of our website under "Shuttle/Parking," and also on the "Rate Description" on the booking page, and then again on your confirmation. We did recently upgrade our internet service to better serve our customers, so I am sorry to hear that your signal was slow. I will inform our IT department immediately.

We certainly strive every day for 100% guest satisfaction, and your review has been received by management and the concerns you raised have been addressed. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again, and allow us to make up for the poor experience that you had this past stay. Thank you again.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

The room was mostly clean. Bathroom did have a big hair on the sink. I know that sounds silly, but I judge cleanliness by if the the bathroom is hairy. Everything else was perfect. Most important from my 8 year olds perspective the pool was great.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
HIDwtn_Sales_Manager, Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Hi Shannon J,

Thank you for your review! I am sorry to hear that there was a hair on the sink - I have forwarded your comment onto our housekeeping dept. to further look into. I'm glad that your 8 year old enjoyed the pool and got to cool off in this hot July weather! We hope to have you stay with us again soon.