All reviews parking garage room was clean war memorial room service inclined plane in town short trip piano player special thanks hot tub common areas hotel bar lobby area ahead of time business traveler staff was friendly sauna
Reviewed 13 May 2016

This is the place to be if you have to travel to Johnstown, Pa. A great full service hotel with a restaurant and lounge on site. Wonderful menu selections for breakfast, lunch and dinner or an after hours drink. Lovely ballroom and meeting rooms for your next business function!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
MelissaBird_JSTMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2016

Dear krenaleahsol,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Johnstown-Downtown. We appreciate your business and review very much! We love hearing from our guests and knowing that they loved their stay makes it even better reading! We cannot wait to have you back with us again soon.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2016

Typical of a well established business, some normal wear from many years of service, but to me that makes it more like visiting old friends. Secure, clean and friendly staff.
No complaints, but only stayed one evening and didn't get to use all amenities.
The elevator chime was unique in that it was mechanical and physically rang a bell
when changing floors. Liked it.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
MelissaBird_JSTMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2016

Dear y112billmag,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Johnstown-Downtown. We greatly appreciate your business and review; thanks for taking the time to post. Our staff truly enjoyed having you as our guest. We cannot wait to see you again very soon.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2016

It appears the hotel has had a recent freshening up. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. Unlike a lot of hotels, the carpets were clean and did not show too much wear. The hotel room itself was clean and included a small fridge and microwave. The only downside is that the internet required frequent re-signing in and the site did not offer to save the password. Breakfast was good, too (order the pancakes). I will choose this hotel during my next visit over the summer.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family

Dear Shannon R,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Johnstown-Downtown. We loved having you as our guest and appreciate your feedback. Our housekeeping staff does a tremendous job keeping our property clean for our guests. Please accept my apologies on the internet connection - the supplier has it set this way to not overwhelm the connection, which slows it down. We will be upgrading our internet in the next few months. We do look forward to seeing you again very soon. Thanks for your kind review and business.

Enjoy a great day!

Reviewed 28 April 2016

Stayed here last year. Quality has improved. Staff is nice. Harrigan's remains one of the better on site HI restaurants I've been to. The internet speed has gotten better but occasionally will drop my connection on my computer. It constantly drops the connection on my phone, which is annoying.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
MelissaBird_JSTMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2016

Dear Mark H,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Johnstown-Downtown. We appreciate your business and review very much. I'm thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize for the connectivity issues that you experienced - we are working to upgrade our internet connection within the next few months. We do hope to have you back again with us soon.

Enjoy a great day and thanks again!

Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

I have come to Johnstown every 10 months for the past 3-4 years and always stayed here at the convenience of my hosts. I find the personnel absolutely flawless and they have always been very helpful and kind. The food at the restaurant is very good and this time we had a conference with about 25 people here at one of their meeting rooms and had again, excellent service and breaks with fruits, coffe, fresh cakes at a quiet place. No complaints. But the place needs an urgent refresh. The outside is fine but the inside - especially on the hallways where the rooms are and inside the rooms - the dark furniture, the dated carpets (inevitably looking dirty - during cleaning hours you do not want to walk around the hallway because it feels like all the dirt and mess is brought outside from the bedrooms) the decoration and a few minor details inspiring care from maintenance - a lose door knob here or some bent lamp shade there - can make one seek for different choices. Had it not been by the great people, food and the preference of my hosts I would have already done that...

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
MelissaBird_JSTMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Johnstown-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2016

Dear Adriano757702,

Thank you for continually choosing the Holiday Inn Johnstown-Downtown. We always enjoy having you as our guest and really appreciate your honest review. I'm happy to read that you enjoy our staff and the service provided. Our banquet department takes great pride in providing great service to all of our conference guests.

Please know that your comments have not gone unheard. I'm sharing your review with our management team so that the concerns that you point out can be addressed immediately. Our maintenance staff is very quick to fix any issues that arise, or that our guests report. The Holiday Inn Johnstown does comply with IHG Standards on our decorations, furniture and carpeting.

Thank you again for your review - we very much appreciate your feedback. We do hope that you will continue to visit us in the future. We look forward to seeing you again.

Regards,