“Nice happy hour”

Ranked #7 of 45 Restaurants in Jim Thorpe
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 29
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Broadway Grille, located at 24 Broadway, at the historic Inn at Jim Thorpe, is Jim Thorpe's popular restaurant and bar, combining historic charm with a hip downtown ambiance. Slip into one of our comfortable booths and enjoy a meal or drinks next to our gas fireplace, or in our original Victorian bar. Our locally-sourced food will tantalize your tastebuds. Enjoy flame-grilled specialties - from free range burgers and organic chicken to seafood and steaks. There's appetizers, small plates, salads, sandwiches and snacks, and the best breakfast menu in town. Open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night. Live music several days a week. Happy hour every weekday. The new Broadway Underground, located just downstairs, is Jim Thorpe's newest hot spot, with DJ dance parties and live music every weekend and a full bar with lounge seating.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Good pub atmosphere. Friendly crowd. Nice place for happy hour or a late night drink especially if staying at the inn.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I want to preface this review with the fact that I have NEVER in my life left any review, let alone a negative one. However, my experience at this establishment was the worst I’ve had in memory. Additionally, I’d like to say that we dined here during the fall festival, and although it was moderately busy, at best, perhaps this was the reason they forgot all etiquettes in running a respectable establishment.

My husband, infant son, and I stopped in to BG and P for lunch before we explored the town. We were promptly seated and given waters by our hostess and told our waitress would be with us shortly. However, after a half hour, we still did not get our order taken, despite several tables being sat around us and the waitress walking by our table looking at our drinks. Not once did she ask if we needed refills, check in on us, or see if our order had been taken. Eventually, my husband asked if our server could please take our order, to which the waitress responded she thought we had already been waited on. Big mistake... but I get it, mistakes happen. We are from a tourist town, and we know things can get crazy. Our order was taken after that. My husband ordered a cheeseburger, and I ordered an Incredible burger. Over an hour later (1.5 hours total), our food still wasn’t received, despite tables getting their checks after being seated after us. When our food finally arrived, I told the waitress that our experience was completely unsatisfactory from the time we arrived, and she went to get the manager. The manager apologized and offered to pay for our drinks (2 beers). I said that was fine, and we began to eat our meals. I’ve only eaten Incredible burgers a few times in my life, all times I’ve commented how they closely related beef so much, that it almost made me feel like I was eating meat. I’m fairly certain the burger given was not an Incredible burger, but a over done, charred, dry veggie patty. I never send food back, but I really could not eat it. When I sent the food back, the manager said he would take it off of our bill. He told us that “things happen” and apologized. However, as I informed him, we were never told there was an issue with our server or order, nor were the issues attempted to be rectified throughout. After close to two hours, we left 20 dollars for my husband’s burger, that he did not eat, and left. We could have dealt with the poor service and food, but the customer service by both our waitress and manager was unacceptable. This establishment should be ashamed.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

All I can say is that every time we come to town (two or three times per year minimum), we HAVE to come here so I can have some of the best Eggs Benedict I’ve ever eaten! Oh, and my wife loves this place, too!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We only stayed a short time at the Inn at Jim Thorpe where this restaurant is located. We had breakfast every morning. Service was outstanding and very friendly. Food was nothing short of delicious! Appetizers were out of this world. Beef lollipops- all I can do is drool when I think of them! Incredible!

1  Thank jciupa921
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Enjoyed a lunch in the pub. Server was very friendly and eager to provide good service. Note they do NOT have gluten free options.