“Excellent service, nice atmosphere, even better food”
Review of Encore

Encore
Reserve with OpenTable
Encore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Jim Thorpe
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cozy, warm and intimate atmosphere. Restored 1860's mansion with original woodwork and fireplaces. Casual or elegant...we are what you make us to be. We are all about the experience you'll have. Resident entertainer Melissa Van Fleet performing smooth, sultry jazz every weekend. Everything is TOP SHELF especially the presentation and staff dedicated to the utmost in service.
Reviewed 18 October 2017

I was disappointed that they were out of tuna, because I thought the tuna sandwich sounded good -- but I was not disappointed at all in my second choice, the eggplant rollatini. The eggplant was perfectly cooked. Thin and soft on the inside, crispy on the outside. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his turkey sandwich with cranberry mayo -- and he is very hard to please. Having stolen some of his french fries, I can confirm that the fries are top notch, too. I recommend sitting in the dining room. The bar looked very small and seating was tight. The chairs in the dining room, however, are a little small for larger adults.

3  Thank Carol T

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We had wonderful high quality meals during our short stay in the area. The ambiance was elegantly executed in what pearled to be ant early Victorian home. The staff were professional and attentive but not overbearing. If you are looking for a quiet place to dine, this would be the place. We enjoyed our meals and would return.

4  Thank oldleroy2
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We've been here many times and it's usually good. Lately ownership and management keeps changing hands and it's gone downhill. I will say they have delicious tomato soup. But last night the place was empty and the food was cold. I can't even understand how that happens when the restaurant isn't busy. Overpriced, cold food. No thank you. We're done w Encore.

3  Thank Carra72
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I are here after seeing it was the number 2 rated restaurant. Crab cake appetizer was yummy, and my husband's cocktail was delicious. But the rest of the meal was completely underwhelming for the price. If you come from a city with upscale restaurants and eat here you'll understand. It wasn't bad, just not great. First off, they use this syrupy teriyaki ish sauce on everything- literally every dish we had. Luckily with the crab cake app it was on the side so you could use just a little. But after the appetizer I turned the scallop app into an entree for which they almost tripled the cost to add what I assume was 2 scallops (based on another reviewers pic of the app) and then they add a half of a potato, two baby carrots, and a wedge of cauliflower that have no seasoning whatsoever other than a faint butter powder, completely bland. The scallops claim to be served with an Asian slaw but they are just sitting on top of red peppers completely drowned in the teriyaki sauce, of which I didn't eat any it was so sweet. The scallops themselves were okay although small and without a proper sear that makes me like scallops in the first place. My husband had the veal tenderloin which was okay but nothing to write home about- again with the teriyaki sauce although not as overpowering as with my scallops. For $170 with tip it was a disappointment.

2  Thank PSUgal6
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I was told that this place was the best restaurant in town. It was pricy but I live in New York so it didn't stop me. Ordered the crab cake special, scallop appetizer and duck breast special. Crab cakes were good to be fair, but not excellent, just solid good crab cakes you can get in average seafood restaurant. The other 2 dishes were disappointments. Both scallops and duck breast were so sweet you can't taste an actual meat. I tried scallops first and didn't get to enjoy typical nice taste of scallop, sweet balsamic reduction just killed them. When the duck came, even the presentation was off, it was literally swimming in a sirupy sweet compote, piled on top of equally sweet apples. Granted, apples and sweet normally go very well together but not in this case. The overwhelming sweetness totally masked the taste of nice juicy duck breast. I love duck breast, order it often and cook it myself as well. That was one of the worst implementations and duck breast is hard to ruin. Ate it after carefully shaking off the odd sauce but still didn't get the taste of duck.

1  Thank lch6