All reviews queen room room was clean great value comfortable night hot water west
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at this Motel many times while traveling through West Wyalong. At $55 for a single and $65 for a couple it is extremely good value. Yes the decor is dated, but the water is hot, has electric blankets, air conditioning, heating and TV, and because of the price, the Motel is generally full. It is a short walk to the shops and restaurants in West Wyalong (700metres) I always book ahead.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Gus H
Reviewed 21 May 2018

Room clean but dated decor, good hot water and comfortable bed. It is basic for the price but if all you want is somewhere to sleep and shower then go it's ok but I think not to stay for a week. They did not mind a late arrival and staff were friendly.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2018

At $60 a night for a queen room, its hard to complain. There was a bit of webs high in the ceiling, bed was a little soft but overall the room was clean, no smell and the lady was very sweet, ive stayed in worse at a lot higher price, I would definitely visit again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

I stopped at this motel to enquire about a room about 12 years ago, on my first solo road trip from Qld to SA. After reading some of the other reviews, I now realise how fortunate I was to be refused a room, by the Wicked Witch of West Wyalong reception lady. I had made the 'mistake' of asking to look at the room, to which her response was, "If you don't trust me, I don't trust you." I was then told to leave the premises. As a young female on my first solo trip, this was a very upsetting experience. I am very, very surprised this business is still operating.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 January 2018

Our family of 6 stayed in County Lodge on the way through to Melbourne. I think we were the only travellers there - the rest of the rooms filled with workers servicing the mining industry. The rooms were tired (the decor and bedding was last updated when Elvis Presley was a movie star). However, they were comfortable and large enough - we had adjoining rooms for our family. The pool was clean but freezing - even too cold for our kids to stay in too long. I can't bag the Motel because at the price, you cannot expect too much luxury.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family