“Simply Sensational”

The Paper Rose Cafe
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 19
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Stayed in Shoal Bay this weekend and have to admit.....we did try other coffees while in the Nelson Bay CBD, which we were referred too. However, I will review this store only, based on the following;
1. They were nice to us and it's always about the experience
2. The tiny teddy biscuits on the coffee are a great treat, especially with the kids
3. They make an exceptional blend of coffee
For those off you who have read my reviews knows that I am a keen coffee drinker and do not review lightly on coffee. This is a very nice coffee.
We did not have breakfast or lunch, but judging by what I saw on the plates and the facial expressions of those customers eating, it was very good. The menu showed very affordably priced meals compared to some other cafe's whom I will not name, but were too over priced. The locals eat & drink here, so that says something. I highly recommend their coffee and yes, I will be back. Keep up the great work team!!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The coffee was very good but the meal was only average.Service was ok.This is only a very small eatery .

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Read great reviews of this place & was not disappointed.

Coffee lovely. Cute little touches like the tiny Teddy’s and the engraved spoons.

Oat and Coconut cookie was a hit.

Lovely, friendly staff. This place has a nice vibe.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Went for a quick coffee here during a visit to Nelson Bay, a recommendation by a friend. The only reason I have given it four stars is because it only has a small seating area of about seven tables and if you wanted to go for coffee in as a larger group (with lots of kids) you may have to take away. In saying that don’t let this little place escape you. The coffee is lovely, imported from PNG, grown by local farmers, and does the job. Prices are reasonable too. Service was good, staff were extremely polite and cheerful, and we were given a friendly smile and goodbye on leaving (rare these days). Hubby had an avocado, chicken and cheese gourmet grill, they didn’t scrimp on the ingredients. You can also purchase the coffee beans in store. I would go back again.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Very friendly and efficient staff, many breakfast options and good coffee, what more could you ask for.
I enjoyed my omelette. The addition of the fresh onion, tomato and rocket wedged in the middle made this meal taste fresher and lighter. Tasty sourdough to go with it.

Date of visit: February 2018