“Disappointing despite the hype”

Red Neds Gourmet Pies
Ranked #7 of 92 Restaurants in Nelson Bay
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This Is A Almost A Tourist Attraction In Itself For Port Stephens!
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We recently ventured out to try the gourmet pies on offer at our local Red Ned’s. We bought 5 pies (Diane, Pepper, Chicken, Mince & a discounted one that was topped with potato and cheese) which cost around $35.
The kids and my partner said theirs were just ok however the meat in the Diane was grisly and chewy and the mushrooms were rubbery. While the pastry was nice, I had to leave much of the filling on the paper bag as it just wasn’t nice.
Reading their history and the commitment they have to using fresh, good quality ingredients made me feel sad because what I got and the expectations they set didn’t match.
The lady serving us was pleasant & helpful however the venue is lack lustre and feels dated with its furnishings and haphazard placement of pamphlets, framed newspaper clippings and fund raising tins when you’re “dining in”. Unfortunately my experience won’t see me return or recommend the pies from Red Ned’s.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Folks I’ll be blunt - My immediate thought was the “Fat Dude”
In Austin Powers movies that yells out “You!!! Get in my belly!!!!”

Amazing pies - classic to boutique specials -

Just amazing!!!!!

I highly recommend this place

If you don’t like pies - Get a life and go here!!!!

Reviewed 26 April 2018

Have a large selection of different pies for $7.50 which is a little overpriced, especially for a plain meat pie. Sausage roll wasn't the nicest in my opinion....

Reviewed 22 April 2018

Have eaten here twice with both being enjoyable occasions. Interesting selections. Personally I tend to steer away from pies but these were too inviting, only downside I feel they are a bit expensive.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

We loved this bakery! Amazing selection of gourmet pies. You can definitely taste the quality! Perfect for a quick lunch with something to please the entire family!