“Fantastic atmosphere and great bar snacks!”
Review of Harvest Bar

Harvest Bar
Ranked #10 of 27 Restaurants in Milton
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2018

Love love love a night out at the Harvest Bar! Perfect for a wind down at the end of the week - there's always good music, the beer is cold and the wine list great - the bar food is the best in town!

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

I am a local & had heard mixed reviews about this place, so myself & some friends thought we would give it a try. It was very busy when we arrived but we secured a table, the bar service was fast but not at all welcoming, no eye contact, smile or hello. I fully understand hospitality & have worked it for many years so I understand being “under the pump” but...still not ok. The cocktails whilst great to look at were average & pricey for the quality of alcohol in them, but I will shout out the food, fast, fresh & super tasty! Well done on that!
Final thoughts it’s got a lot going for it but falls short on a few things.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

I headed to Harvest Bar on the easter long weekend with my partner after a few recommendations from friends in the area. The place was pumping & although we didn't have a reservation the chick behind the bar asked us to hang tight and she would find us somewhere to sit. We ended up sharing a table with another couple & had the best night. The cocktails were delicious - best margarita i've ever had! The band was some old rockers who played the best tunes & the food was absolutely delicious & so generous in size & the jalapeño poppers were to die for! We will definitely be back & highly recommend you pop in if you are ever passing through.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

It was a place a group of us locals frequented for some fun, life music, support your local and for a drink after work until yesterday!
A friend /colleague and I called in for a drink after work yesterday, it was around 6.20pm for a nice cool refreshing Ale. We met his wife and another friend who were already there enjoying a drink.
My friend went to the bar and ordered the drinks, when he was told very abruptly that he can't be served as we dont have a table booking.
Although a group of very nice and friendly patrons were happy to share their table , at which his wife and our friend was at, whilst they were waiting for rest of their party to arrive.
We were flabbergasted! He and I left to go to my place to have our drink and our friends will join us as soon as they finished their drink.
When my friend joind us some 15 min later she was mortified and insulted by a treatment she received from a bar service person.
After we left the service person conducted her self in an inappropriate and unecceptable manner towards my friends and a regular customers at that.

There was no signage to say that its booking only night; and since when a wine bar is booking only venue!

I don't like to comment negatively on any business, but in this case I am so disappointed in the conduct of the Harvest Bar staff towards very regular loyal customers, firstly for refusing to pour 2 beers and secondly for conduct towards my friends. I am in hospitality customer service industry and if anyone of us were to treat our customers in such a manner we would get marching orders instantly.
Be assured we want be back.

7  Thank 56mmk1
Amelia N, Owner at Harvest Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Sorry to hear about your negative experience at our bar. Whilst we appreciate your feedback your complaint is fraught with Inaccuracies. As a regular customer you would know that to ensure a table on a Friday or Saturday night, bookings are imperative to secure a table. The person in question has a history of turning up without a booking, which we don’t mind providing the bar is not booked out before hand.

Our licence states that every patron must be seated. This becomes difficult when we are fully booked and those without bookings “take over” booked tables. A table which had been booked for 9 was taken over by your group of five who did not book. This is extremely unfair to those that make the effort to secure a table. Despite being told you needed a table and that you would not be able to stay, two of your group attempted to order meals, not beer.
Whilst every effort was made to accommodate your group when told we were fully booked there was a refusal on your behalf to leave. Not wanting to cause you any angst, we allowed you to stay for drinks, even allowed you to order some food until patrons who had booked arrived.

Our staff work very hard. The patron in question has been rude and discourteous to several staff members over a long period time and this behaviour will not be tolerated. The woman in question taunted bar staff by laughing and commenting “sucked in” when a glass was broken. This conduct is beyond any realms of decency and is abhorrent behaviour which we refuse to facilitate.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Sliders are delicious! Sharing boards are also great! Indulge in a yummy cocktail, the Harvest Caprioska is my favourite. There is a great selection of drinks available at the bar. On many visits I've enjoyed live music and a vibrant atmosphere! Staff are always very accomodating. Thanks Harvest!

1  Thank Compass745918