All reviews on arrival main street a great place to stay jervis bay triathletes units peter pub kettle beaches
Reviewed 26 February 2017

Arrived in Huskisson to first find the ?Motel we booked named Sundowner is now called Bayside so that caused some confusion finding the place.
Greeted by a very nice receptionist. Our room though was of very poor standard. We were only 2 nights there and each time we walked back into the room found more things of a very poor standard.
Carpet although had been vacuumed was very badly stained as was the 2 seater sofa.
The telephone was found in the drawer of the bedside cabinet and not connected.
There was no written information available about the motel,k services, area at all.
Curtains were half hanging off the tracks.
Fridge setting was either so low it was warm or semi frozen. All of our fruit froze overnight and had to be thrown out.
Of the crockery and cutlery provided none was matching and all had to be washed before use.
The bathroom was tiny and there was very little space for toiletries to be stored. The MDF covering on the bench beside the sink had come unglued so difficult to sit anything there. Both taps dripped and there was rust stains in the sink because of this. There were no hooks anywhere in the bathroom to hang clothes.
Although there were 3 beds there were only 2 bedside lights provided and the bulbs in the lights were to large for the light shades.
I had to retrieve something that rolled under the bed and saw the dust was thick and there was lots of debris under the bed, clearly the furniture is not moved when cleaning.
The motel has a bog standard exterior with the building in a U shape so cars park at an angle outside the rooms but there was very little effort to make this area pleasant, the few potted plants there were in bad shape and although limited space a potted garden of some sort would be welcoming.
I would never consider using this accommodation again unless it was in the hands of new owners and 100% refurbished. The current owners should be ashamed of themselves taking money and providing such dirty accommodation and it certainly does not live up the rest of Huskisson which is a stunning destination.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2017

The motel is in a good location, able to walk to beach, creek, eateries etc. Now I understand all about supply and demand and dynamic pricing that allows a motel like this to charge high when all other accommodation is booked out. But this is surely a last resort, as it does not represent value for money. We stayed in a ground floor room. The sliding door wouldn't open to let some fresh air in, the thin walls and ceilings as well as noisy water pipes meant noise travels easily between rooms making for an interrupted sleep. Everything else in the room being outdated, chipped, uncomfortable beds etc you could probably put up with at a much lower price. Sorry, I do appreciate how much it would cost to refurbish this place, but the asking price for a room does not match the experience and comfort provided.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

One day this site will be a glass condominium. For now it provides clean cheap family accommodation for ordinary people to access this pristine amazing area. Yes it has 70s feel but embrace it - bring your Torana. Japanese restaurant on site is a treat, highly recommended.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed for the Australia Day weekend. When we arrived our reservation had been made incorrectly for 1 night rather than 2. With out even a second Peter ( I assume the owner) fixed this right up and gave us exactly what we though had been booked. Truely professional! He gave us a map and great ideas on what to do over the coming 3 days. So helpful and so many great places to see. The room is exactly what you would expect for a 3 star place and clean and tidy and the staff were all so friendly. It is easy walking distance to the pub and many restaurants as well as the beach and wharf where cruises depart from. If we are ever in Huskisson again we will for sure stay here! After leaving we also thought we may have left something in the room without hesitation Peter left to personally check the room for us to see if it was there. It wasn't but that was because we found it in our car! Thanks Peter and team! We will definitely see you again!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

So it was a late booking in fairness, but OMG!! I've never been so robbed!
The hotel room is extremely dated, an 80's party would've done it justice. It reminds me of back in the day I used to go on road trips with my parents, I swore I'd never stay in anything like this...and then here I am! Please give me a sleeping tablet so I can get over this!! The bathroom reminds me of a tumeric mishap, it's yellow from what exactly...I question, that's how they bought from a shop 30 years ago or from too much wee over the years?!? I don't want to think its the latter came home to be met by a couple of cockroaches that proceeded to assume their positions, under the bed and in the cupboard...so great coz I wanted to have a nice restful sleep after a 3hr drive #sorrynotsorry

Stayed: January 2017