“Average Food with Above Average Prices”
Review of Sea Salt Brasserie

Sea Salt Brasserie
Ranked #23 of 26 Restaurants in Gerringong
Reviewed 9 August 2017

The staff were very friendly and welcoming but we were a bit disappointed with the high prices on the menu. A quick family meal out at the club ended up being quite a costly experience which we won't be repeating. The food was okay but we were surprised to be charged $2 for a takeaway container to take the leftovers home. A nice atmosphere and great for the kids but just a bit pricey for us.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

The staff were extremely friendly, place was recommended by the place we were staying. But $100 wasted on poor food for a family of 4. Pumpkin salad was half a bag of wilted spinach leaves, tin beetroot and cold pumpkin. Disgusting to be charging about of money for meal.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

Ordered the fish and chips here, the chips were good the fish was just ok, nothing amazing, the service friendly enough prices cheap

Reviewed 18 February 2017

Ate @ Sea Salt last night for first time in years. Live locally and was expecting something decent for the price. My wife had salmon (cooked well) and a salad - which had chilli flakes through it rendering it inedible (even for me and I like hot food). Chef made smallest replacement salad ever seen (in a small ramekin dish). I had steak and ribs with corn cobs and potatoes to replace onion rings. I got what I ordered, but 3 onion rings and about 4 chips with herbs on them. The corn cobs were frozen then cooked as too mushy and full of water to be fresh. Ribs were bought from butcher or supermarket, rather than kitchen made. (Could tell). Steak was okay, but small. Kids meals were okay. The chips weren't nice - not much potato in them, so again I think frozen.
All in all $30 a head for adult meals and $10 for kids was steep. Waiter lad tried to clear table before everyone finished eating - so I let him know that is impolite so to come back wet everyone was finished. Kids were squealing in a cage behind us - perhaps whilst their parents ate or played pokies. Bingo was called out quite loudly, so as you can tell, poor atmosphere. Will not be back. Gerroa Fishos same type of place but so much better. Better still, we'll avoid club food and go to a proper restaurant in future.
People on next table were asked by chef as he was clearing how their meals were and had one meal fefunded due to some issue or another. He didn't come over to clear our table otherwise he might have been putting his hand in the till again!

1  Thank parkerpr2016
Reviewed 19 January 2017

It was pizza and pasta night so we had ordered 2 pastas ($13) and 1 kids pizza and 1 kids pasta ($10each).

Well the serving size were huge! It tasted great as well. We could have shared 1 serving of pasta between myself and my husband. My son's bolognese was the same size as the adults, so was very much great value for money. We also ordered a green salad on the side- this was the only let down. I would totally give that a miss.

We had no issue with our food order but we did arrive early 5.30pm.