Review Highlights

Gold class

Reviewed 12 July 2017
davidgU3478WC
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First time in Gold Class for many years. It is great for the extra room & comfort that you receive although you do pay for privilege. Thankfully we received discounted tix due to Cinebuzz membership. If I had to pay the regular price I wouldn't go Gold Class, I don't think it is worth the extra $$$. I had nachos during the movie. Whilst this was tasty enough, they were also $24, which is very overpriced for what you get. The food was warm but not hot. My chair was a little squeaky when putting the leg rest out, it may need a repair, but it did work fine. The staff were friendly & helpful. Would only consider going Gold Class again if the price was right & the movie was lengthy, so I could get my moneys worth. I prefer this cinema as a whole over the my location cinema complex which is small & older. Although the chairs in this cinema are starting to need to be replaced.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

This is their $16 interpretation of "Bruschetta". Last time I checked, (and according to their menu), bruschetta includes onion and balsamic vinegar at the very least. Apparently today though, the recipe was cherry tomatoes on toast with dry basil leaves. This place is dead to me.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

COLD 'HOT' FOOD. Paid $70 for food and it was cold.

It was my Birthday today. So we went to see a movie in style. Had a late breakfast so could have an afternoon dinner. The service it self was great, the cinema clean and comfortable, the movie was fantastic. I will not go back to glad class after that. You go because you can have service while you are eating, otherwise just do VMAX. this was so disappointing

1  Thank Nilrad
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Spoiling ourselves we took ourselves along to Event’s Gold Class cinema for a Saturday evening out. Great movie, friendly staff and comfortable surrounds....a shame about the 15 minute lineup to scan tickets and order food and drinks in this “prestige service”. The queues in the standard cinema were shorter and more efficiently serviced. Paid a premium and really didn’t receive gold class service. Not worth the extra money.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

It's getting quite expensive to see a movie these days, but anyway, see a movie we did and the experience wasn't bad!

We went midday and shared the cinema with less than 50 people in that huge cinema! The seating in VMAX was comfortable and the cinema was quite clean... not that way when the movie was finished! Some people are lazy when it comes to disposing of their rubbish!

Based on this visit, the seating, sound and experience was very good! But at the price, going to the movies is becoming a little luxury!

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

For Valentine's Day my partner got us the Valentine's Day package which included fries, sliders, sundae and a glass of champagne. I had a wonderful time, service and food was great. I consider the package to be good value for a night out. Only consideration would be the popcorn...they only have a standard size (really large) for gold class...I would have preferred the option of a small popcorn as the food was filing but I enjoy the routine of eating popcorn at the movies. I look forward to going again.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Person who served us at Gold Class did not smile once even though I cracked a really funny joke. It was also quite obvious that the cocktails were not prepared by a proper mixologist. On a positive note, the environment inside the cinema was

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Gold Class movie was great due to the size of the screen and the sound.We went on a Tuesday to see " Hidden Figures " as part of a fundraiser. The food was very average and over priced so I would eat in Kellicar Lane before or after. I did complain about cold fries that cost $18 and they did respond promptly. Easy lift access from the car park and from Macarthur Station.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

Event Cinemas at Macarthur Square continue to be a great venue to watch the latest movies. Comfortable and clean the cinema is first rate and the staff have the right degree of friendliness. The complex is large and can offer a variety of shows at the same time across Standard, Gold Class and VMax.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

Always good to find a cinema where it is easier to find cheaper tickets. Like many Tuesday is cheaper, but they offer cheaper tickets through the Telstra website for Telstra customers.