All reviews great location complimentary wine stay there again the ground floor each morning main beach beach towels central location great shower serviced daily large bathroom coffee machine undercover parking walking distance after hours king bed across the road
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

On arriving late (7:15pm) in from Sydney we got there just as the front desk was closing for the day. Unfortunately (my fault), when I booked on booking.com I had typed in two adults and a child. I received an email from booking.com that stated two guests only.... I could have edited that but I missed it, my fault totally. When we got to the room only the bed was made up and there were no sheets for the Sofa Bed, only a blanket. Not the hotels fault at all. I could find an after hours number to call so slept on top of the blanket. Other than that the position is really good (if the Backpackers are under control) and it was clean, well presented and was good value I think. I'd stay here again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
WavesResorts1, Guest Relations Manager at Waves Byron Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

Hi Rodney,
Thank you for your recent review. Our official reception hours are 7am to 7pm, which is actually longer than the position taken by most small boutique accommodation providers in Byron Bay. We do however have 24hr Security and Reception contact details both in the compendium and on a sign at the Reception desk for any guests requiring assistance. I am very sorry that you were without linen which we could have easily rectified, but as you stated we were not aware that you had a 3rd person staying in the room. I do hope that will we stay again and we will ensure your time with us will be perfect. Always book with us direct so that we can offer you an excellent rate.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights. After checking into our room we became aware that it hadn't been cleaned properly with excrement in the bathroom. The staff later told us they were only allowed a short time for each room and were timed. The room was rather dingy with a southern outlook and the receptionist advised that no other rooms were available so we ended up staying in the dirty room. The position was reasonable one street back from the beach. No view from our room. Staff were average neither rude nor friendly. 3 stars.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GlobetrotterJSH
WavesResorts1, Guest Relations Manager at Waves Byron Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Hi Globetrotter,
Thank you for submitting your review, we take all comments very seriously for assessment. Indeed, we were also aware of the oversight of the toilet being incorrectly cleaned before you arrival, which is certainly the first time it has ever happened as our housekeeping team are usually meticulous. For this oversight, we cannot apologise more than we did onsite when one of our staff immediately went up and cleaned again with chemicals. You were offered another room but you chose not to move as it was on the ground floor. I believe the cleaner in question, also realised the mistake and spoke to you and offered another apology. She also offered to come back inside and give your room further attention to which you declined, and I believe after a simple oversight we did our absolute best to remedy the situation very quickly. I would like to re-iterate our apologies yet again.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

We stayed one night en route to the Gold Coast and it was a very comfortable stay. Beds were comfy and rooms were clean and spacious. It's just 5 minutes stroll to the beach and we enjoyed hanging out there in the afternoon. I also managed to catch a lovely Byron Bay sunrise! A nice touch was the light breakfast of apples, hot drinks, orange juice and lovely muffins provided in the morning. I really enjoyed the berry muffin - not to sweet, moist with a hint of cinnamon. It is walking distance to the main shopping area in Byron Bay so restaurants and cafes are within easy reach. Would stay again!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

We have stayed here a couple of times before, this time for a week. Hotel staff were very helpful at all times , even washed an item of clothing for me! Room clean and spacious, nice toiletries, and well appointed mini bar and snacks. Coffee, orange juice and nice warm muffins available for breakfast. A very handy position close to town and beach. We like to stay on ground floor, rooms have a little grassed court yard. Its a shame Byron Bay itself is not as laid back as it once was and is now very much a back packer domain.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
WavesResorts1, Guest Relations Manager at Waves Byron Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2017

Thank you Sharon, for your great review, it was very much appreciated. We value all feedback, I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our wonderful staff.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

My husband and I stayed here in December for the weekend to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. This was the 2nd time we've stayed here. Waves Byron Bay is perfectly situated and within walking distance to the main beach (2 minute walk), shops, cafes, restaurants. Room is generously sized with a Queen bed, couch, desk and a gorgeous bathroom. The bath was massive! Staff very friendly and accommodating. Bathroom works well functionally but could do with an update.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road. There is a backpackers on the opposite side of the road.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Hi Kerry,
Thank you for your recent review which we loved receiving. Our location and proximity to all that Byron offers is greatly appreciated by all our guests. Our rooms including the large bathroom will be undergoing a re-furbishment later this year. We look forward to welcoming you back again, when you will be able to enjoy the up-grade.