“Fun, fun, fun”

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 23 March 2017

Very professional staff, especially when it comes to safety, but not in a stuffy way, hugely fun. Learned a lot. First time surfer, managed to stand up!!!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Had a great time at Blackdog surfing! Excellent customer service, very friendly and accommodating. Had surf lessons before but a while ago but these were clear, fun and got us all out enjoying ourselves in the water. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

It was AWESOME! I was recommended to try Blackdog surfing and I'm SO happy I chose them. The classes are small compared to the other schools, the service is second to none (if you have been in Australia you know that can be hard to come by), and I walked away knowing what I can work on to be a better surfer.

I honestly can say, don't go anywhere else. It's the best school to learn from.

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Everything was awesome. Arriving till drop off. The teacher has given feedback, like what to improve for the next wave and a good introduction for safety. It was amazing and lots of fun. I will come back for sure

Reviewed 20 February 2017

I arrived in Byron with no idea about which surf school was going to be best for my first surfing lessons, but saw online that Blackdog had great comments about the team - and that's really what's going to make a lesson work for me - a cool team who can teach the skills. It was the right decision. I sent an email over to them and within a few minutes Tam got back to me, then called me to arrange things. I dropped by the shop soon after and was greeted by the super enthusiastic Tam who booked me in for a lesson the next morning. Super easy.
Each morning of surfing we were greeted by Seb, Dom and Danny, who took us to the beach in the van (The shop location isn't beach front - but this isn't an issue - don't let it put you off. It's a super easy drive to all of the beaches in Byron and it's what all surf schools do).
1st day, Dom was the instructor for the total beginners and he was legendary in getting the critical info across to us in a totally informed and knowledgable way. He instilled confidence in us all and made sure that we knew everything we needed to know for that first day.
2nd Day Seb was looking after those of us who'd already had a day of surfing.
Each day we got a couple of hours putting our knowledge into practice. Dom, Seb and Danny fed back to us what went right and what went wrong with our last efforts and offered advice on how to improve. They were totally accurate with this info and were obviously thing notice of everyone individually. We all saw huge improvements over the time with the team in the water.
Oh, and they have a photographer come to the beach too! You'll get some amazing shots of your experience :)

Totally hooked now on surfing, and I'll be doing much more. The next time I'm back in Byron I'll be booking with the team at Blackdog again.

If you're looking for a place to start or to improve, then this is the place.