“Quick Sunday lunch ”

Cuisines: French, Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a great light lunch at the restaurant , arriving without a reservation , but greeted warmly and quickly accommodated by the friendly staff . The entree tasting plate and a glass of BongBong sparking were just the size meal we wanted , and every morsel was innovative and interesting .( and I can't eat chilli , so the chef happily substituted an alternative . Loved the gardens and restaurant building itself - huge old beams , generous wooden furniture , and a roomy area full of happy diners ( lots of well behaved kids running around and enjoying the space. Would be a great wedding venue , or a corporate dining site

2  Thank Fran C

Reviewed 5 December 2017

I have had some of the best meals here plus some of the worst. In in one week I had one of the best meals ever and then raved about it to some friends and we went a week later. Oh my the food was appalling - the gnocchi was like rubber, the double baked cheese soufflé was so dry I think it had been cooked 6 times - I have not gone back since then and have been unable to recommend it to anyone which is a shame as the setting is beautiful.

1  Thank SueGS
Reviewed 4 December 2017

We met friends from Canberra back in June for lunch. We were really happy with everything. We were happy that we found this place as we meet these friends every now and then for lunch or a whole weekend
We met the same friends on Sunday again. We were disappointed this time. First of all, we couldn't get a booking fro 12 noon as it was too busy. We got there at 12.30 and it was half empty.
Secondly, the food was nothing like the first time. The menu has changed. I had Aged Rib Eye Steak with garden vegetables, butter and spinach puree. There were 3 skinny asparagus and 3 small slices of squash. The steak was saturated in butter.
The other 3 people had Italian Lamb shoulder with prosciutto, vegetables, garlic mash etc. Vegetables weren't even noticeable and there was so little mash that you could easily miss it.
Service was excellent though. If anything it was a bit over the top as there were too many servers for not many diners.
We felt that it was overpriced for what it offered.
All in all, a disappointing experience. We won't be back.

1  Thank cromansydney
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Apart from the concerts that centennial used to run at the winery, this is actually the first time I have set foot in the restaurant, and I have missed out. The food was absolutely scrumptious and left all of us in heaven. The selection slate for entree was something that had to be seen to be believed, and tasty. The pork-belly with pork cracking sticks, pears and apricot jus was to die for. The steak looked absolutely delicious, and as our friends said was cooked to their liking perfectly. A great selection of local and Australian wines. Staff were exceptional in service and explanation of the food that was available. Smiles all round from all of us. A great day, lunch and location topped everything off. Thanks will will be back, next Sunday.

1  Thank 195diannes
Reviewed 4 December 2017

I went here for lunch the food was just divine. It is not overly expensive but not cheap. The staff were very friendly and pleasant. It id a place I would go to again.

1  Thank MaryRose2017Sydney