“It's Only Pub Grub”

Ranked #32 of 97 Restaurants in Bowral
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 January 2018

I have been so disappointed with the food at the Imperial in the past, but I thought that I would give it another chance...Once again disappointment.. The fish and chips with a little salad were expensive around $26, so we pay Sydney prices, the salad was drowned in a vinegar dressing, the fish was cold in the middle, but there were plenty of fries, yes they certainly filled the plate.. My friend from Sydney was not impressed and stated that other hotel Bistros just out of Bowral had better food....Will I give them another chance..no..

Reviewed 29 December 2017

Can't fault the place. The pizza crust is perfect, the toppings are fresh, great choice, and authentic. The bar is well stocked. The atmosphere unpretentious and no fuss, the service friendly without any Bowral airs and good value for money.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

The Imperial seems pretty popular with passing people. The bistro has a good range of options, a bit on the pricey side, but thats Bowral for you. You just need to be a little patient for the meal to be prepared. Even when no one is there it takes a long time. I would hate to be there when it is busy.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Went to The Imperial for dinner on a recommendation, and wasn't dissapointed. Friendly staff and yummy food. Good bistro type food. We had the fish and chips which were llight and a great batter. We also had the zucchini burger, delicious. Chips good be better but otherwise great pub food

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

I'm a local and go to the imperial regularly and I usually love the pizza.
My family and I Went recently on a Sunday night and let's just say the pizza was very different to what it usually is!
The owner or main Italian chef was not there which left a young guy in charge that had no idea how to cook pizza.
Ordered the prawn pizza and waited like an hour for it.
When it came out the doe was so under cooked, soggy and wet that I could not eat it. All of our pizzas in fact were under cooked, but mine had to be the worst as I could scrape the doe off the pizza.
I'm not the type to whinge or take food back but it was so under cooked that it would of left me feeling really sick if I ate it.
Took it back and the chef argued with us saying we were wrong and it was cooked, oh and wait for it apparently Italian Napolese pizzas are meant to be "wet".
Um dude your saying this to an Italian family from this region who have never ever heard of this theory!
He kept arguing with us that we were wrong and it was cooked , just throw the pizza in the oven and get over it!!
I understand you had a busy night but stop arguing with the customer we just paid over 20 bucks for a pizza and it's not cooked.
He finally chucked it in the oven and dumped it on the table.
This is such bad customer service.
Honestly we won't be coming back on a Sunday, if you want a good pizza go when the Italian guy is there, if he isn't there you will get a different pizza and it will most probably be raw!
If the chef was nice about it I wouldn't of written this review as I hate trip adviser but this left me feeling really annoyed as it could of been handled so much better.

4  Thank Sddining