All reviewsguest loungegames roomold world charmheated indoor poolcharming hotelsouthern highlandsmanor housesnooker tablecontinental breakfasttennis courtsroom was largeendota spaold stylebit datedopen firebed was comfortablestayed for one night
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

A quick overnight stay in a newly refurbished room travelling with my 10yo son . The entire experience was enjoyable & the newly refurbished hotel is so tastefully done & had a really restful & pleasant atmosphere. Our suite was much better then expected especially for the low price we had paid. Extremely comfortable king size bed, plus a single in a separate bedroom (which thrilled my son), a large bathroom and lots of places to explore throughout the hotel & grounds, we will definitely be back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
BeridaH, General Manager at Berida Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Thank you for your kind feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Berida Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

THIS REVIEW IS BASED ON TRAVELING WITH A BABY ONLY.... the hotel generally in my opinion would score it a 3. Trying to be much more than that but still service is key, and you can’t always polish a turd.

We booked this hotel from NZ, my wife rung up to check it was suitable for a young baby (7 weeks old) and they ensured the room they booked us was.

We got to the hotel, and found our room on the second floor up a flight of stairs with no lift. We had a stroller and baggage with no help offered. (If you have every traveled with a baby you will know our pain, being so small they travel with a lot)

Then we get into our room (very small) to find it doesn’t have any air conditioning. Trying to get a new born to sleep when it’s so stuffy is near impossible.

We ask at reception about the air conditioning and they offered a fan (again babies don’t like warm air being blown over them) eventually one of the staff came to our room and offered another room which had aircon.

This new room was on the ground floor, larger enough to accommodate the three of us and had air conditioning! Amazing, so we decided to move rooms rather than move hotels. Again with no help in moving our belongings with the transfer of rooms.

What really grinds my gears with this hotel is that we RUNG from NZ to ensure we got the correct room. They obviously didn’t listen one bit when we booked. This type of incompetence is what sets these type of hotels apart from the rest (in a negative light that is).

Also the pool is in a state, I was looking forward to a swim but once I seen the pool I would rather not. It’s amazing what photos/photoshop can do on ones website.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback.

I am terribly sorry you had difficulties with moving rooms, however, I am glad you got an air conditioned ground floor room upon request. I agree this should have been arranged on telephoning so I will ensure all reception staff are aware of the difficulties you faced. I am a mother of three young children so I can understand your frustrations.

As we had only taken over the hotel in February 2016 we wanted to focus our attention on renovating the rooms, including installing air conditioning in all rooms, which has now been completed. Therefore, we are planning on renovating the pool building in early 2018. We can only do so much in a short amount of time however we are excited to finish the upgrade so all guests can have a pleasant experience in our hotel.

I apologise that we didn't meet your needs on this visit but we hope to improve from this feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Hotel was noisy even though we were at the end of the hall but it was beautifully restored. Very friendly girl checked us in on the Sunday afternoon
Definitely don’t eat at the restaurant- we were greeted rudely and there is no room serv

1  Thank spatsynz

Thank you for your feedback. I apologise that we didn't meet your expectations on this visit but we hope to improve from this feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the future. I will pass on your feedback to the restaurant.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

I was on a business trip so only stayed for one night. Very warm and friendly greeting from the receptionist. This was once a health resort called Berida Manor and has new ownership and now Berida Hotel. It has been freshly renovated to a high standard. It is an Edwardian house so you feel as though you have stepped back in time. My room was large with a very comfortable king size bed and a single bed. Large bathroom and all brand new. Lovely soft carpet. Bar fridge and tea/coffee facilities. Most importantly it was very quiet. No street noise. Centrally located in Bowral. Excellent place to stay. My room was located on first floor so you do need to carry luggage up the stairs as no lifts, however staff would help if necessary. The restaurant attached to the hotel was very expensive and my meal unsatisfactory, however I was told they are not part of Berida Hotel - they are independently run.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Warm Regards

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Only had one night here and wish it was more. Lovely put together hotel, olde style, with large rooms, comfortable beds. Very pleasant. The check in was easy, the downstairs area you just want to explore the nook and cranny. A lovely sitting room upstairs.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple