All reviews summer hills outdoor spa big spa bath big foodies great escape byron bay this place has it all special weekend total privacy bird song an excellent place to stay peace and tranquility macadamia trees the perfect host minute drive sized bed little touches
Reviewed 24 July 2018

We had 2 nights in Summer Hills and Francesca upgraded us because there was another guest who changed the date of the stay. We were able to stay at this fabulous cottage over looking the most beautiful view, and outdoor spa was absolutely fantastic. We had the most relaxed day. Francesca was very lovely and so helpful. We would definitely love to go back.

Room Tip: Beautiful views
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2018

From the moment we arrived we felt instantly relaxed! To get away from the hustle and bustle of city life does not come often to myself and my partner, and SummerHills Retreat did not disappoint and certainly gave us everything we were looking for and more. We were welcomed so warmly by the wonderful Francesca (our host) who gave us a thorough tour of the property, and really made us feel instantly at home. We were then offered an upgrade, however it was a choice for us to decide as both options were beautiful. We took the cottage with the spa on the deck as the weather was beautiful, and we were excited to enjoy this feature. Our weekend was truly magical, from the beautiful spas looking up to the stars, the amazing service from Francesca looking after our every need (including restaurant reservations, and local tourist information) and the gorgeous room / bed - it was honestly a weekend to remember! We will definitely return, and looking forward to come back in Summer with our children to enjoy the beautiful swimming pool as well!

Room Tip: Rooms available for all styles of travelers, recommend the cottage with deck spa for couples!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2018

Spending a weekend at Summer Hills you can well appreciate the secluded beauty that Dale Kerrigan and his family saw in Bonnie Doon (minus the insect lamps of course!). We were met by panoramic views of the hinterland, and a lovely host named Francesca who welcomed us to the retreat. A gentle water feature and flowers set the tone in this quiet holiday experience. Our large, comfortable room offered a private spa bath which was an excellent way to relax after exploring the expansive wooded property on one of their two walking tracks.

We lazed away the late afternoon on the pool deck, reading and enjoying the view until the sun withdrew to the hills and painted the whole sky a deep orange with its final rays. One of the most beautiful sunsets I’ve witnessed anywhere in the world.

A few minutes away by car you can explore Bangalow’s vibrant main street, or if you venture a little further afield, it is handy to Byron Bay. Francesca kindly suggested and booked a taxi so that we could enjoy a special dinner at the Italian Diner.

Coming back again, I would be confident of genuine hospitality, privacy, and fresh air to relax and recharge the batteries. It’s just the vibe of it!

The best birthday I’ve had all year.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

I had a 2 night stay in this gorgeous cottage. It was very peaceful and have to admit I had best night sleep. Francesca the host was so accomodating with all my questions on places to eat and things to do. Planning on another trip and will make it s long stay. The in house spa treatment was in the top 5 I’ve ever had.. highly recommend to stay here.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our 4 night getaway at SummerHills Retreat. We have been regular visitors to Byron Bay over a number of years but had never ventured into the hinterland.

We were met with friendly and helpful service and felt that we had everything that we needed for a magical few days. The views and the property itself is breathtaking, our villa was kept very clean and we loved the quiet and calm feel- the only noise being beautiful bird song. Finishing each day with a spa bath was icing on the cake!

Would definitely recommend SummerHills for a little getaway.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple