All reviewsthe pubwill visit againstcornwallpintpubs
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Called in for a pint whilst on route to Coverack.
A village pub full of character in the middle of St Keverne. Reasonable prices & friendly barstaff make me go back to pubs like this. Will visit again very soon when in the area.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
colin s, Manager at The White Hart, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Thank you for your kind review, it is always good to get feedback and especially to hear that our efforts are rewarded with people enjoying their visit

Reviewed 28 October 2016

Not knowing where to go for our Sunday Lunch whilst on holidy in Cornwall, we managed to find this little gem of a place. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, even giving my daughter an extra portion for the baby. There was a choice of meats or you could have all 3. This was accompanied by Yorkshire Pudding and Vegetables and Gravy. The food was amazing and all for £8.95 per head. We didn't have a desert as we were full from the one course. Would definitely call back again if we happen to be in the area !!!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank LorraineW4812
Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

We visited on a Thursday eve and didn't book, think we should have really, as our table was not really suitable for the three of us, however, the staff were kind and helpful to accommodate us.

The pub was very busy, we didn't expect to wait an hour for our food, but found out they had an unexpected wedding feast for 20 to cater for, if they had mentioned this we would have had a bag of crisps whilst we were waiting!

Anyway the meals arrived, delicious, I had a pizza which was 5* hubby had a crab, prawn and crayfish salad 5*, and my lad had a pasta carbonara with garlic bread 3*. The beer from the wood scrummy too. Wasn't what we have called traditional but ticked our boxes, thanks

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank carter1dotcom
Reviewed 26 September 2016

Quiet location, quiet part of Cornwall, food excellent, service excellent family run business accommodation was basic, but was very clean tv, drink facilities, and beds, a shower room with toilet and wash basin was suitable and accessible for disabled person a lovely break away. Great local pub with meals served in the evening too all reasonably priced.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

Bar staff not very helpful at all, couldn't tell me if they were taking bookings for next month, if at all. ? No one in the pub, but they were fully booked, I explained I wasn't asking to stay that night but either this side of xmas or next year. .wasn't clear if they weren't taking bookings ever again! !

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
colin s, Manager at The White Hart, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

I was very concerned to read this review and could really do with more facts to go on as this reviewer is sparse on details. We pride ourselves on our friendly staff and most reviews will show that. We have a bookings diary in the bar and our 3 bar staff are well aquainted with using it so should have been simply able to open it and deal with the enquiry. As this is done countless times I cannot understand this exception. We have had a busy season of bookings and our 3 rooms have often been booked solid. Just because the bar is empty at that time does not mean the rooms are empty or available. it is always a shame when people find our service lacking or are not satisfied with the answers they may have. As it is a family run house with members or management always on site I would like to think anyone would ask to speak to a senior member if they're not happy, then it is simply resolved! We are always open for business and to infer otherwise is less than helpful,or true. Maybe this reviewer would like to telephone me so I can get to the bottom of this?