“Three cream teas in one week and it still wasn't enough! Amazing scones!”

Heligan Kitchen & Bakery
Ranked #37 of 163 Restaurants in St Austell
Reviewed 18 July 2015

Been here for the third year on the trot and this time, we went for cream tea on three different occasions in the week. Superb large scones, perfect clotted cream, a choice of jams and a great cuppa. Just perfect.

Reviewed 13 July 2015

We arrived for tea and had a delicious courgette soup and a cheese scone....very nice...to room was bright and clean

Reviewed 12 June 2015

Not worth a visit. Food is below average. The worst aspect was queuing to pay. You choose your food, then when you pay you order your hot drinks. You then have to queue to collect your hot drink and by the time I sat down my food was cold.

1  Thank Sue J
Reviewed 2 June 2015 via mobile

We visited the garden on 31 May and decided to have lunch before vowing the gardens oh how we wished we had not bothered I had a Pork, Leek & Apple pie which was so dry and tasteless it tasted like a very cheap sausage no chunks of pork or any sauce/gravy. I had to beg some gravy from them to enable me to eat it. Instead of lovely fresh vegetables as an accompaniment there was a tasteless salad that was made out of leaves I would not give acrabbit. Why they cannot offer a crisp salad with peppers etc I do not know. My friend had the Fritata which also was a disappointment Luke warm and she said it tasted soft not like a Fritata should taste. After going around the gardens we decided to give them another chance and had tea, my friend had a scone with jam & cream and I had fruit cake......well the only good thing was the tea the scone was dry likewise the fruitcake. I would advise people to bring their gown food & drink especially if you have children. I feel that they trying too hard to be trendy mother earth and end up serving bland unappetising food be warned.

Reviewed 31 May 2015

Heligan restaurant is a must, a bit pricey, but worth it as a special meal. It can be a bit noisey. People's chat seems to echo around the restaurant. The food is perfectly cooked. The belly pork is a must. And there is a huge variety of salads.