Porth Avallen Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Carlyon Bay(St Austell)
View Hotel
The White Hart(St Austell)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Fowey Hall(Fowey)
View Hotel
All reviewsi highly recommend this hotelstunning views of the baycarlyon baybay windoweden projectsticky toffee puddingcoastal pathcharming hotelchoice at breakfastst austell baypiping hotclotted creamsunday lunchvery pleasant staycooked to perfectionfeel very welcomelong weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for four nights and found the hotel comfortable and friendly. The breakfasts were good and evening meals in the bar (can also be taken in more formal restaurant) were very good. The sea view from our room was lovely (picture). Great clifftop walk to Charlestown. Friendly and helpful staff at hotel made us feel really welcome.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I think the number of times we have stayed here shows that we enjoy our stay. Great bedroom with views over the bay. Friendly, helpful staff. A good choice at breakfast with their English breakfast being especially tasty. Reasonable internet connections.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently stayed at a four-star hotel that was truly awful. This is a three-star hotel that I thought was really wonderful.

The weather was atrocious whilst I was there but with the fire blazing in the lounge and a well-stocked bar who cares. Many have commented on the views at this hotel and I have to concur – they are superb even in the driving rain.
There is a path in front of the hotel that takes you to Charlestown with yet more wonderful views.
I did wince a bit when I saw the cost of the meals in the restaurant but believe me it was all worth it. I had olives to start and they were delicious. You’d be surprised how many restaurants serve up cheap olives and hope that no-one notices. I then had a chicken and chorizo salad. I was a bit apprehensive as salads can often be disaster but I needn’t have worried. This was a salad with a really interesting combination of ingredients. I then undid all that good work and had some rather lovely sticky toffee pudding. You might think I’m exaggerating but that was one of the nicest meals that I had had in a while. Although, I must confess that I have been eating at some rubbish places just lately.

Anyway, the second night I just had the Beef Brisket. Cooked to perfection. Beautiful.

Breakfast was okay but I’m not sure about porridge with cinnamon and clotted cream. There again I normally have a tot of whisky and a dollop of honey with my porridge and that may not be to everyone’s taste.

If you get the chance to stay there then pay a bit extra and get a room with a view of the sea. It makes all the difference and do try the restaurant. You’ll thank me.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

What a fabulous lunch . I highly recommend this hotel for fabulous food and fantastic views of the sea ,but mostly the food it was without a doubt the best Sunday lunch ever .My husband had sea bass and he said it was the best he ever had. I had beef that simply melted in the mouth accompanied by delicious gravy with red wine. Followed by a homemade cheesecake with crushed meringue and a berry compote. The furnishings are a little dated but in my opinion you go out for lunch to have well cooked food . The two waiters who were called in as extra staff were warm and very friendly. This is a family hotel owned by George.This is also a fantastic place for a wedding reception.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2018

We stayed for three nights including Christmas night . Our room was spacious , clean and very comfortable with amazing views over the bay . Our Christmas dinner was excellent .. Very rarely do roast dinners equal home cooked for taste but the food was tasty and first class .

Stayed: December 2017