All reviews standard travelodge costa coffee room was clean eden project town centre ideal location would stay again lost gardens of heligan short break cornwall asda mevagissey amanda
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed as a family with our dog (small terrier) and were informed that pur pet would not be allowed in the restaurant, we did expect this so we had breakfast separately. However on our last morning I went to breakfast and found other guest with their large border collie dog wandering around their picking up dropped food and bothering a young boy who obviously didn't like dogs. When I left I asked reception what was going on (you have to go past reception to go in and out of the restaurant) I was I formed they didn't know the dog was there u til the guests had left the restaurant. The lady also said she hid I formed the guests on check in about the no dog rule and would be informing them again. Although she failed to tell them when they walk right padded her on exit. One of the guests also returned to the restaurant to fill their water bottle and the receptionist didn't tell them again! It was clearly different rules for different guests.
The breakfast is ok but very slow to refill items when busy.
There was no duvet on our bed when we arrived, and we had to put it on.
Beds weren't made during maid service, which has always happened in the other Travelodges we have stayed at.
Very hot room at night even with a fan, can't have the window open as noisy outside.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
TravelodgeUK, Charley from the Social Media Team at Travelodge St Austell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to review our St Austell Hotel.

We would like to apologise for the service that you experienced during your stay and can assure you that this has been noted and passed on to the hotel team.

It is regrettable that this prevented you from having a fully enjoyable stay and we hope to welcome you back soon to provide a fully enjoyable stay and to restore your faith in Travelodge.

Thank you again for submitting your review.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

On my visit for the week to Cornwall i stay in St Austell on business.

The room provided was a good size for myself staff were very friendly and helpful my reason for the score was the cleanliness of the room provided there was dust around edges of carpet, cobwebs in the corners of the room and a ball of hair in the middle of the floor!

I highlighted this to a staff member Emma on reception which was kind enough to offer me an alternative room but the others again were in near the same condition.

Staff member Emma who helped me, was a breath of fresh air and was more than happy to tend to my needs due to my unfortunate allergy towards dust. Emma also went the extra mile to get my room cleaned and very politely offered me a complementary drink whiles my room was cleaned whiles i waited.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2018

Great room. Clean spacious comfortable. Comfortable bed. Friendly helpful staff. Breakfast. A bar. And parking great extra options. Good position for holiday sites. Fast food nearby and a B and Q if you needed !!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2018

Excellent location for visiting Eden Project and a visit to charlestown. However the noise from street outside meant we couldn't keep the window open at night in a very hot room. One fan was supplied but there were limited plugs in the room which meant you had to choose whether to charge 2 phones overnight or keep the fan on.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeUK, Shaf from the Social Media Team. at Travelodge St Austell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Thank you for reviewing our St Austell Travelodge.

We're really pleased to hear you liked the location of the hotel and do apologise if the external noise affected your stay with us.

We are sorry to hear that your experience was hindered by the lack of air conditioning. We have taken measures to limit the nuisance caused by the heat and we do apologise if these were not sufficient to give you a good night’s sleep.

Feedback is invaluable and our Hotel Managers regularly review their TripAdvisor reviews in order to fix any issues raised and pass on feedback to their team.

Thank you once again and we do hope you will stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

The key card wasn't working and I had to ask for access to my room each time by staff. This could have been easily done on the bank holiday Monday but was left to the next day. Too late for me as I was there 1 night The breakfast was poor quality and they couldn't calculate to get the croissants out of the freezer in time.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeUK, Charley from the Social Media Team at Travelodge St Austell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our Travelodge St Austell Hotel.

We would like to apologise for the issues that occurred during your recent stay with us. We 're sorry to hear that your key card had problems and that you were not impressed with the bar cafe service.

Your feedback has been passed on and it allows us to improve on the service we offer.

Thanks again for taking writing a review.