All reviews standard travelodge costa coffee room was clean eden project town centre ideal location would stay again lost gardens of heligan short break cornwall asda mevagissey amanda
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Stayed one night, that was enough, had fan on all night window open, room was like a sauna despite it being a cool summer night. perversely Hotel had air con in reception/restaurant this seems to be par for the course in travelodges. Room apart from this ok clean no phone basic certainly not worth the £90 paid.

Room Tip: our room faced road so window open meant noisy
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from the Social Media team at Travelodge St Austell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2016

Please allow us to thank you for sharing your helpful review of our St Austell Travelodge with us. During the warmer spells, we know how vital it is to offer rooms to relax and beat the weather. To achieve a cooler room we have take measures to ensure our guests are comfortable, we have provided fans and lighter bed linen for our guests so we are sorry that this was not enough to make your stay more comfortable. Your feedback is the utmost importance to us and we will ensure your comments are passed to the hotel team. Many thanks for your feedback, we do hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

Pleasant and modern hotel on the outskirts of the town centre. Good parking available
KFC ,McD`s and Costa on the same site. Bar and restaurant within the hotel. Not the best bar prices around but a good breakfast available. I can`t comment on evening meals as I didn't eat there.
I stayed in July when the weather was hot and the lack of air conditioning made the rooms very hot, I mean very hot. I found it difficult to sleep. There was portable aircon and electric fan in the room but very noisy. I stayed for 5 nights and felt quite drained at the end of my stay. The room that I had also had a bad smell possibly from the water in the portable aircon and the toilet also smelt of urine so the floor probably needed a wash.
Very handy for local coastal villages and the Eden Project.

Room Tip: Room at the back might be cooler in hot weather
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
TravelodgeUK, Shannon from the Social Media Team at Travelodge St Austell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review our Travelodge St Austell hotel. We are sorry to hear that your experience was spoiled by the lack of air conditioning. We have taken measures to limit the nuisance caused by the heat and we do apologise if these were not sufficient to give you a good night’s sleep. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again and restore your opinion of Travelodge.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

I have stayed here twice when visiting St Austell mainly due to its location as its pretty central to the town/Eden project and getting to other points of interest in the area. However, I think my second stay will be my last as I stayed in June when it was just starting to get hotter and found that the rooms were so stuffy and had no air con. It was almost impossible to sleep!

The décor is also a bit outdated now and I think it must be an older Travelodge which needs updating!

Overall id recommend if you don't mind being hot during the night or where you sleep (if you are on a budget) but I think if you are looking for more of a holiday/relaxing break then id opt for elsewhere or a BB!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from the Social Media team at Travelodge St Austell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of our St Austell Travelodge. We are so pleased to learn the hotel was an ideal location to suit your needs, however we're sorry to learn of the heat issue that impacted your stay, please rest assured your comments have been passed to the hotel. We are truly sorry that despite the measures we have taken to reduce the heat you still did not enjoy your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2016

This hotel is an ideal location to use as a base for visiting other popular places such as Mevagissey, Charlestown and Fowey - all within a 6 mile radius. There is plenty of parking and you are attached to other retail outlets such as KFC and Costa.
We had a family room which was modern, very clean with a good shower room.
They also provide a buffet style breakfast at a reasonable cost which was very good.
The icing on the cake was the helpful and attentive staff and nothing was too much trouble.
I would strongly recommend this hotel if you are looking for accommodation in the area.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2016

Lovely Helpful staff, clean rooms and excellent service. The car park is really handu out the front with security keeping an eye on it for you.
From our experience I would happily recommend this hotel. Very good breakfasts on a buffet service.
Plus, if you plan ahead you can get a really good deal on room price.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple