“Good stop for a snack ”

Porthluney Cove Beach Cafe and Shop
Ranked #74 of 163 Restaurants in St Austell
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed the soup and the tea served here. People were friendly and service was good. Cafe is in a really beautiful location so definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped here to see the castle but it was closed sadly as late in the season now . It was so nice to find a cafe was there and still open staff were friendly and had a nice selection of food but I only wanted soup , the soup was lovely but sadly the roll that came with it was rock hard didn't even soften being dipped in the soup and it definatly had not been toasted it was just stale !! ( The soup was carrot and fennel ) So marks off there from me . But having said that I would return as plenty of seating and staff friendly and right by the beach .

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

This is a fantastic place!!! We did the food and music then watched a drive in movie. What a completely magical evening . Good food , good music , good film shared with friends under the stars .

Loved it.... the only negative ..... if I tell too many people I may not get in next time

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Great food I had the pulled pork in a roll with chips and a chocolate slice. If it's warm enough you can sit on a raised platform over looking the beach. I've only given it a 4 because even though the food is great and it is a beach cafe the food is served in cardboard containers with cardboard cutlery. Personally I would of preferred China plates and metal cutlery. Also no pots of tea only mugs or cardboard cups. They have a movie night once a month wish we could of been there for that. It's on in the summer as long as it's not to windy and you can sit in your car or on the grass. Lovely staff very friendly and helpful. There are public toilets just next door to the cafe. You only have to pay for parking from 1st May I can't remember when it ends but I think it was the end of September. The beach is lovely lots of rock pools we had to wade though a small stream to get to the best side so got a bit wet but was worth it.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Drove down to this beach after walking with dog on the larger Carne Pendower beach a few miles away, just to see what it was like.
Very impressed with the cafe, although they had run low on milk and we could not have hot chocolates. All happy with our teas and coffees. Lovely carrot cake too. They have a range of hot foods which looked excellent. Free doggie biscuits too.
Covered seating ares which the nearby Hidden Hut does not.
There are music events here apparently.
Loos too.
Paying to park but not later in afternoons

Apparently open all week presently weather permitting. Weekends only after half term
Then till Christmas. Closed Jan Feb I think

Good beach for dog walking when tide out

Be back soon