All reviews hot tub elizabeth room on arrival red letter indoor pool eden project tea and cake free upgrade cold buffet scallops lounge area lovely room relaxing stay cooked breakfast stayed longer spa treatments full english
Reviewed 7 September 2018

The days we stayed here in July were excellent. We were greeted with a warm welcome when we arrived and given a guided tour of the hotel.
We were upgraded to the Daphne suite which was a lovely touch. The room was spotlessly clean with excellent facilities.
The food was amazing. The dinner we had on the first night was of the quality you would get in a top class London restaurant. Breakfast was plentiful and the full English had just the right portions of everything served with a smile and delicious.
We used the swimming pool and the jacuzzi which luckily we had to ourselves.
We travel to Cornwall a lot as we have friends there but now we have found this gem we will be hopefully staying each time we visit.
The best hotel we have stayed at in Cornwall without doubt.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank HantsDennis
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Came here with my boyfriend to have a treatment each. The treatments were lovely and the spa lady was very friendly and welcoming. The pool was very nice & the outdoor hot tub was heavenly, we had the place to ourselves! You wouldn’t want to spend a whole day here, as there’s no other facilities in the spa except for the pool and hot tub, but for a few hours it was very relaxing. Only thing I would suggest is maybe a shower for after the pool? Overall had a lovely time and would definitely come back!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank izcoley98
Reviewed 26 August 2018

Beautiful hotel, lovely room (but not enough clothes storage space) and grounds and exceptional breakfasts! Dinner expensive. Spa treatment very good. Ideal centre for Lost Gardens of Heligan, Eden Project and Charlestown.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

I would like to praise the excellent day I had at Boscundle Manor with my mum for her 60th birthday. I originally went through Spabreaks.com, but decided to book directly as I wanted to have some treatments at the same time as my mum. This was something spabreaks were unable to promise. Spoke with BM who enabled this.

It was my mums 60th, so a plaque was put by the front door with a glass of fizz on arrival. A tour of the facilities and then decision on who was having what treatment first. Whilst my mum was having her treatments I was in the pool/hot tub/laying on the loungers situated in the pool area. One thing that could have been improved, was the amount of time we had together in the pool. There was a pool cleaner working at 09:30, which prevented us from swimming and using the hot tub for as long as we would have liked. Obviously glad the pool is kept clean to a good standard, but would have been nice to have a bit of time to ourselves.

The treatments I had requested was a deep neck, back and shoulder massage, a facial, and a manicure or pedicure. All were completed in a professional manner by our therapist Emma, who explained what she was doing very well, and put any concerns at ease. She was very personable, and by the end of the morning we were all chatting easily along. By filling out a consultation form, any health conditions or requests were brought to Emma’s attention straight away, and I felt this made the whole experience more tailored.

After the treatments we had our afternoon tea in the conservatory. My error was not realising that an afternoon tea includes egg mayo sandwiches. Neither myself or my mum are fans, although I have to say I did eat one and was pleasantly surprised. I informed the staff who were happy to swap to ham sandwiches which we had within 10 minutes. The other food was lovely; a scone each with clotted cream and jam, and a slice of cheesecake, Bakewell tart and Madeira cake (a personal favourite of my mum!).

All in all, well worth the cost for all the treatments, use of facilities and food and drink provided. I felt very pampered and would go again in future.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kittykings
Reviewed 8 August 2018

From the moment we arrived until the time we left we were greeted and treated by friendly staff. Fabulous food, idyllic setting, loved the jacuzzi and the pool and our room was perfect with terrace and table & chairs, fridge and dressing gowns. Great location for the Eden Project and Charlestown. Highly recommend this beautiful hotel. Plan to go back there.

Room tip: I recommend the room with the patio door and terrace, table & chairs.
Date of stay: September 2017