All reviews hot tub elizabeth room on arrival indoor pool eden project tea and cake free upgrade cold buffet scallops lounge area lovely room relaxing stay cooked breakfast stayed for one night lovely touch stayed longer spa treatments
Reviewed 31 July 2018

I stayed here for two nights as part of a wedding party. Unfortunately, I was disappointed by my room, which was cold (uncarpeted), noisy (fridge, fan, something banging outside in the wind), and without a proper desk. Most importantly, the water pressure in the shower was almost negligible. I overheard another guest telling staff that their toilet ran continuously and the response was that there was nothing to be done about it. They blasted cheesy pop during meals, which honestly, at breakfast is simply an affront. Attitudes of the staff there ranged from friendly to surly. They would do better to cut back on all the pink, frilly decor and concentrate on the basic quality of their amenities.

The good elements included an indoor pool, abundant breakfast options, good coffee. It is well-placed for a walk into Charlestown or a cab to the Eden Project and has lovely grounds.

All things considered, were it not for the high price of the room I would say that the positives and the negatives were about equal. However, given its price I expected a much better stay.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2018

Boscundle Manor is just idyllic, very comfortable, fantastic food, and everything that you need in your room.We stayed three nights but wish it was longer. Perfect location for the Eden Project. The staff where very friendly and helpful, the hotel is situated in a very quiet location with stunning scenery. A lovely terrace to have drinks on, a swimming pool for a dip, and a Hot Tub for relaxing in, what more could you want ! This was just perfect, ww will be back next year for a longer stay------HIGHLY RECOMMENDED>

Room tip: We stayed in Room ----- Dorothy----Twin room ---Perfect
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2018

Greeted by a very friendly and informative Receptionist who turned out to be from the Spa who showed us around and to our room , stayed here for 4 nights in the Elizabeth Room which was lovely, very comfortable bed and also had a terrace which was nice to sit out with a glass of wine and a book or a coffee before breakfast. Only thing missing was a grab rail to help get out of the shower which was over the bath.
We used the pool and Jacuzzi and both also had a massage which made a good start to our stay,
The hotel décor is very well done, lots of comfy sofas, a lovey dining room and breakfast conservatory, the grounds looked well kept too,
We ate here every night, with compliments to the chef who produced some amazing food. Breakfasts were also first class with plenty of choice on offer, nothing was to much trouble if you wanted anything extra or different from the menu.
All the staff we met were very friendly and informative nothing was too much trouble and could tell that they enjoyed working there.
We would definitely recommend and will definitely visit again when next in Cornwall.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank thebrownhouse
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

I can not recommend this hotel more highly! Easy location, Fabulous staff (so friendly), amazing chef and stunning scenery! I stayed 3 nights and loved every minute.
The spa was superb!
I will be back!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2018

I stayed for two nights while sightseeing around the area. I had the impression from the web that the hotel was closer to St. Austell than it is. Since I was traveling by train and without a car, I had to rely on taxis to get from place to place which worked but was slow and rather expensive. With one's own car, this would be a reasonably central location. The staff was pleasant and helpful, the room was comfortable and quiet. The building and grounds are charming and provide a pleasant retreat. The restaurant was pretty good but it is important to get a reservation in early, as the capacity seems quite limited and preference doesn't appear to be given to resident guests, as opposed to diners from outside. I had the impression that this could be a good place for a wedding party or family gathering.

Date of stay: June 2018