All reviewsfootball pitchshop cafeswimming poolwell stocked shopbarley sheafcampers kitchenplay areaplaying fieldholiday parkbeach within walking distancefreezer for ice packsgoal poststoilet blockfully serviced pitchlovely camprun freefantastic site
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

We initially went for one night to meet up with friends, however with fantastic weather and such friendly staff on site we stayed a second night. I would like to say a special thanks to Yvonne and Nigel who run the site shop and cafe. They were amazing, the shop was well stock and very reasonably priced, as was the cafe. The cafe food was lovely, would definitely eat there again. It was small thing like you could purchase drinks in the shop and Yvonne gave us glasses to take into the cafe.
The site overall was very clean and tidy, and the lady on reception was really helpful. One minor thing was the water filling points in Bayview camping area did need a clean as the gully's were full of mud and leaves etc.. The toilets were nice and clean, as we're the showers. The only comment would be that the shower block floors tended to hold water which could become slippery.
My son and his friends loved the play ground and spent the majority of their time there!
Overall fantastic break, great friendly staff with a nice clean site. Will definitely be going again soon.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Amy_Lansdell, Guest Relations Exec at Seaview Gorran Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Hello Sophie,

Thank you for you positive 5* review of Seaview Gorran Haven! I am so pleased to hear that you found our staff helpful and our site clean. I will pass on your kind words to reception and also Yvonne and Nigel. Thank you for drawing my attention to the water filing points, we will take a look at these right away. It is also great to hear your son and friends enjoyed the playground!

Thank you again, and please keep up to date with us on social media as we have some exciting developments coming up :)

We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Kind Regards,
Th Seaview Gorran Haven Team

Reviewed 27 September 2017

When I left Seaview last summer I vowed to return because I enjoyed my stay, the location and the heated pool so much. I wasn't disappointed. The feedback I left the staff was positive and truthful stating that the warm, friendly welcome was genuine and our caravan was perfect for us. The view from the site remains amazing. I took time, before we left, to photograph the campsite washing facilities so you can see for yourselves that, whatever the negative comments are about them, first thing in the morning everything is immaculate. Breakfast in the cafe is excellent value and delicious.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mandersabroad
Amica_CV, Guest Relations Manager at Seaview Gorran Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Hello!

Thank you so much for your positive reply! We really are so pleased you have enjoyed your stay! The photos too - it really does help us and show people that we aim to be the best - thank you.

I must say we do agree with you on the view, it is stunning! We're glad you got to experience the beauty around us.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Booked premier hard standing caravan pitch with sea view number 95 we weren't disappointed beautiful weather was a bonus.Good amenities I agree with other reviews that shower block needs attention ,but water hot and on the whole very clean in constant use .site gave each person plenty of space site family friendly big play area for children .lovely outdoor pool.
Reception staff very helpful and cheerful and the couple in the shop were great...sold basics but were glad to help and open till 9
The nearest beech is in boswinger down a steep hill.walkable but remember you have to come back up.
No car park at the beach but worth a visit
If you turn alert out of park 5 minutes drive another beach which is superb.
Definitely recommend
If you have a large caravan and car the roads to the site are narrow and check your route before you go as sat nav can send you down unsuitable roads

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Hello Rach!

Thank you so much for you positive reply, it really does mean a lot to us. We are so glad to hear of your experience, and thank you for using pictures too it's great to have guests images!

Thank you for the shower block comment we are looking to sort this, and we hope by the time you next visit you will be pleased to see the changes!

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here during August to bring back memories from my Wife's child hood holidays here. Sadly left disappointed. Not an economical place to stay so was expecting an excellent site.
The main issue was with site drainage and the toilet/ shower facilities. The men's showers ( 3 of us in our family ) constantly had at least 3 of the 7 showers locked off with no explanation. When I mentioned this in reception they said it's probably kids locking them for a joke. This was everyday! No mention of trying to sort it out. Only one sink in the men's toilets unless you used a cubicle, these were all in a terrible state every day and the ladies not much better.
After 2 days of rain our fully serviced pitch although hard standing was struggling with drainage. Our waste outlet was always over flowing.
On the plus side the view of the sea from our pitch was amazing ( when you could see it through the rain). The football pitch and play area were great for our boys as was the swimming pool. The mobile pizza van was a hit as well.

Such a shame a great located site was let down by its facilities. When considering what it costs to stay here that shouldn't be the case.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Hello!

Thank you very much for your review, we really appreciate your honesty and take on board your comments. You'll be happy to know we have received comments about the shower block and we have plans to restore them in the coming year.

I am sorry we didn't meet your expectations, but please know we are trying our best to improved every aspect for future and we would love for you to come back and try our new facilities and let us know what you think.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We paid over £800 for a grass service pitch for 2 weeks camping and expected a 5* site at this price. The pitch was too small to fit our tent which then had to pitched diagonally. Variable pitch sizes noticed which was annoying as we booked very early and I checked the size of the pitch on the phone and was assured it was large enough for our tent. The services are also shared with next door pitch so they had to step over our guy ropes to get water.
Toilets and showers disgusting. Half of the Ladies was permanently closed. Sanitary bins overflowing with smell of used tampons. Dirty toilet paper all over the floor. No sinks at all to wash in. The only sinks are in the toilets and are so small with a huge hand wash mounted above it that you end up throwing water all over the floor when trying to wash or brush teeth. Every evening and morning the floors were just swimming with spit, shaving foam and water.
There is a problem with pitch drainage on some of the grass pitches. Two days of heavy rain which is not uncommon in the UK and under our tent turned to mush which did not dry out for the next 6 days. I am still trying to clean the stench of rotting mud from our groundsheet.
Nowhere near the standard of the best sites in France I am afraid . . . . I felt embarrassed for the many European visitors who had travelled to stay here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Simon F
Amica_CV, Guest Relations Executive at Seaview Gorran Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Hello,

We have recently bought the park and we are steadily improving each area.Our next focus will be the shower and toilet block and to improve the points you have stated above. We are sorry this wasn't started in time for your stay, but hopefully by your next visit they will be.

Tank you for taking the time to provide feedback - and if you ever do decide to try us again one we refurbished, we'd love to hear your take.

We hope to see you soon,
The Seaview Gorran Haven