All reviews loft room lost gardens of heligan attention to detail a lovely night stay perfect hosts tea coffee breakfast was amazing made us feel on arrival second to none home from home sue house recipe cottage cornwall mevagissey
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here on recommendation of my mum and dad. Being our first ‘b&b’ break we were a little unsure before arriving. We quickly changed our minds, sue and mike were lovely and very flexible with the booking considering my partner was 8months pregnant. We had saffron cake on arrival and tea/coffee. Breakfast on both mornings were impeccable and set us up for the day. A lovely area with so much to see and do. The rooms at the b&b were clean, and very relaxing.... Thank you for a great stay! Stuart and Danielle

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
mike u, Owner at Valley Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you so much for finding the time in your busy lives to write this review, it was a pleasure having you to stay and we wish you every happiness with your new baby.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

My friend (Sara) and I booked a 2 night stay at Valley Cottage B@B (The Loft Room) following a recommendation from Sara's sister who stayed the previous year. Without the recommendation I probably would have been a little apprehensive because I'm used to hotels and never thought staying in someones home would be a preferred choice. How wrong was I.

Sue greeted us with her beautiful smile and made us feel immediately at home. Her flair for interior design shines through the house and garden and there was absolutely nothing that we would change during our stay. Breakfast was fabulous (and I must mention those cheekily delicious Lobbs sausages!)

The cottage is set in an area of outstanding natural beauty and as the rain held off, we managed to walk back along the coast from our visit to the Lost Gardens of Heligan to Mevagissey. In fact, the trip was totally planned around our visit to the Lost Gardens of Heligan but the absolute highlight was Valley Cottage and Sue and Mike's hospitality, we had lots of fun and were quite sad to leave.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank RachelM638
mike u, Owner at Valley Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you Rachel, you're right, we did have great fun and hit it off immediately. Hope to see you again in the future and we can continue where we left off. Best wishes to you and Sara.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

On arrival we were warmly welcomed by Mike and Sue, when shown to the loft room, we were blown away as the room is just amazing. Immaculate is not the word, the attention to detail surpasses all expectations. Breakfast was amazing, we really enjoyed Sue's homemade apricots in orange juice, she kindly gave me the recipe and I have since made them LOVELY.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
mike u, Owner at Valley Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thank you so much, we find it so uplifting when we get a lovely new review, we really appreciate your positive feedback. It was a pleasure having you to stay and would always welcome back easygoing guests with a sense of humour!!

Reviewed 16 July 2017

No matter how few or how many of the amazing reviews about Valley Cottage you read, the recurring theme is excellence in every aspect. These reviews are true and accurate. Sue and Mike are friendly, helpful, professional, thoughtful, kind and good fun - quite simply the perfect hosts and we cannot praise and thank them enough for making our stay so enjoyable. A return visit is not just recommended, it is mandatory in our view and we cannot wait!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BeachcomberCornwall, Owner at Valley Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

One of the best things about running our B&B is getting to meet lovely, interesting, people that we would otherwise never have met. It really was a pleasure having you both to stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

My Lovely Other Half and I have just returned from our third stay with Mike and Sue, and just looking at the photos of the Loft Room on here makes me gulp with happy emotion.
I've stayed in many a B+B and multi-starred hotels, but Valley Cottage is that very rare thing: a special place you actually *do* go to again and again.
Mike and Sue make the most incredible team.
Sue's artistic flair can be seen in every beautiful detail, cushion and blind, while Mike's engineering-magnificence and eye for utter precision can be seen in every cut of wood, every screw, every nut and bolt.
The beautiful, newly-built garden is something to behold (expect to see it on "Gardeners' World"!) with all the back-breaking toil having been carried out by your hosts.
When the weather allows, enjoying a delicious, hearty, freshly-cooked breakfast, surrounded by the garden's wondrous colour and perfume really sets you up for an arduous day of doing not very much at all.
Valley Cottage is a place where we feel SO at home, with Mike and Sue being not only the perfect hosts but, dare I say, really good friends.

...just don't tell TOO many people, okay? We want to go back!

Room tip: Not really suitable for wheelchair use, due to the hilly terrain and steps up to the property.
Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank DavidP10619
BeachcomberCornwall, Owner at Valley Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Speechless! Never had a review like it and I don't suppose we ever will again! Thankyou!