“A gorgeous sunny October day”
Review of The View

The View
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Millbrook
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Heard great things about this place that looks like a very basic restaurant but turned out to be quite marvellous. The scallop starter was exquisite, probably the best I have ever tasted. Mussels good too, with monkfish to follow. We sat outside for lunch on a beautiful sunny day in October. Friendly service, very dog Friendly. Finished with roast pear and chocolate negus. Good job we'd had a long walk. Good selection of wine. Had to be rose on such a lovely day

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

It was a rainy day and the journey to get to The View is a bit tortuous, but it's definitely worth it when you get there. The view from The View is wonderful and the food is simply delicious! Of particular note was the dessert called, simply, "Raspberries and Chocolate three ways". Uninspiring as that sounds, it was AMAZING! As a rule I don't really eat dessert but I'd have happily forgone every course and eaten this one three times over. I won't try to describe it; my words won't do it justice. However, my wife and I are returning this week for another meal there and we already know what she and I will both choose for dessert.. Yummy!

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We took over more than half the restaurant for my mother’s 90th birthday lunch. The waiting staff couldn’t have been more helpful: some of our party had broken down and they kindly allowed us free use of the restaurant’s phone to help sort things out.
The fixed price menu is remarkably good value, and there was further variety offered by the à la carte options.
Children were also catered for - not with cheap pre-made pizzas etc but with freshly prepared fish and chips and fabulous ice cream.
The freshness and quality of the ingredients is impeccable and although the leaning is understandably towards seafood, there are decent meat and veggie options.
I took duck, which was well-cooked and accompanied by barley and some wonderful beetroot. Excellent flavours.
Others took hake, which apparently was also good.
The party who had broken down eventually turned up and although the kitchen was closed they were provided with soup. All in all very good service and a welcome port on a very stormy afternoon! We will be back.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

We arrived at the View with high expectations, based on tripadvisor and their own site. It was the only restaurant we had booked weeks in advance. The food was certainly very good and the view was spectacular, we had a really beautiful sunset on the evening we were there. However the rest was quite ordinary, not really the “Something special” we had hoped for.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

The view on a sunny day with cloud patterns on the ocean is amazing but the food is even better. The monkfish and tiger prawns was superb. Great desserts too. We have been many times but this was the best yet.