Actually this review may say more about us than the hotel - I think we may be on the wrong side of yummy mumminess and bearded media guru to really appreciate this hotel - as there is not a lot to dislike about the place.
Yes, as another reviewer mentioned there are a lot of kids ( including our two) but then we went in the summer holidays and it is advertised as a family friendly hotel so not really a surprise - probably better geared up for younger children than older ones. We only stayed two nights and didn't have a huge amount of time to explore but kids reported outdoor pool was cold, playroom was good, and flat garlic bread amazing. We had a family sea view room which was large enough for us all, a litte worn around the edges, great big picture windows overlooking lovely views and a small and needing to be updated bathroom.
The place is quite higgedly -piggedly with loads of nooks and crannies, nice squashy -sofa-ed public rooms and areas to sit outside but for some reason it felt a little claustrophobic and hemmed in. Staff were friendly but I was disappointed with level of interest/service when our daughter was sick one night and I left the (covered) bin outside the room to be collected and asked for some clean pillow covers. No-one came so my husband finally took it down - no -one asked how she was the next day either.
Anyway, for whatever reason we didn't find the hotel to be as we thought it would be - not because anything was particularly wrong but because we ( and the kids) just didn't have the sort of time we thought we might have. Could be expectations were too high or that we came from staying at the Carlyon Bay hotel where we did have a very enjoyable visit - slightly more old fashioned but with superb facilities and much more room. But like I said - we may just be getting old!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly placed Cornwall with beaches and stunning coastline on our doorstep, Bedruthan is so much more than a hotel with theatre, workshops, fairs and a art gallery. Spend your days enjoying locally sourced food in our Wild Cafe and Herring Restaurant or indulging and unwinding in our indoor spa, for a really invigorating experience try our Sensory Spa Garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Expedia so you can book your Bedruthan Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bedruthan Steps Mawgan Porth
- Hotel Bedruthan Steps
- Bedruthan Steps Hotel
- Bedruthan Hotel & Spa Mawgan Porth, Cornwall