All reviews bar food in great condition superior room driving range breakfast was buffet style evening meal in the restaurant no lift lovely location room was large stayed for two nights pool table port isaac bit dated short break full english breakfast stunning views cannot fault
Reviewed 26 August 2018

I have stayed here twice in the past month -either side of our two-week holiday rental at Polzeath. We did this to avoid travelling on Saturdays. It is an an excellent location, peaceful, lovely views over the golf course and near to many eating places if you choose mot to eat in house.
You have to realise this is primarily a good quality golf club with rooms and restaurant available. The rooms are good, excellent king-size beds and all the facilities you would expect from a three-star hotel. There is an adequate dinner menu in the separate restaurant room or you can eat in the bar from an good pub-style menu. The bar is populated by golfers, of which some stay overnight if on a society visit, for instance. On the two nights, the only slightly noisy element was a group of no-golfers “celebrating” after a wake held at the hotel.
Slight downsides -soundproofing could be better in some of the rooms. There are no lifts and some rooms are on the third floor. The restaurant menu is not extensive. No room service or papers. Rooms at the front have the golf course views.
Upsides - very friendly staff. Buffet breakfast has a good, but not extensive, choice. Lovely location.

Just dont book expecting a five-star experience. This is a small, perfectly adequate facility for overnight stays. I look forward to staying here again.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

First visit for a short golf break with group of friends.
Arrived and had usual problem with these events, not able to get access to room until later in the day allowing hotel staff time to made ready after last guest have gone. Interesting course, which proved very enjoyable. Remarkable young lady on reception (Freya ?) who on discovering my problem with stairs ( no lift available) changed the room to first floor saving extra flight of stairs, then offered to take my bags to the room and had door open when I eventually got there. A quite charming member of staff, compared with the dull person behind the bar, who when asked to recommend something on the snack menu, replied, “there is no ham or chicken” not really what had been asked .
The room was very good, with all usual facilities, and view across the practice ground.
The bar area, was a bit public bar style with a pool table and large tv showing football () and annoyingly loud commentary which was not confined just to one area. Generally bar staff were cheerful and helpful, as were the restaurant staff in the rather characterless room. Food was adequate but not quite up to expectations from similar golf hotels we have visited in the past.
We shared the few days with a mainly male group of golfers, who were good fun, but very loud in their enjoyment.......
As usual when in Cornwall during August the weather tried to deter enthusiasm and one could understand why the course and surrounds were so green compared to the rest of the South West. In fact on our last day we had to abandon the match at the 9th as complete lack of visibility was such to make it dangerous.
Conclusion, excellent golf course, adequate hotel which could be improved (lift !!!) especially in bar area ( tv )
Will return next year to see !

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Stayed here last week with 3 mates . Room was clean & tidy , and a decent size for twin/double (room 105). Food was very nice & good portions, ate in restaurant 1st night & bar on the 2nd, breakfast also very nice . Staff friendly & helpful . Very good golf course especially back nine . Only one minor gripe , maybe reduce buggy fees for hotel guests as £25 each round is quite steep . I would definitely stay here again , in fact we're looking at coming back next year .

Room Tip: 105 & 106 had nice views over the golf course (105 bigger ) both twin/double
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We were struggling to find somewhere to accommodate us for a Sunday carvery and after being disappointed at our first second and third choice places decided to go here purely as they could accommodate and it wasn’t too far. It was lovely! A very friendly welcome and although a very salubrious setting with the magnificent golf course and grounds, an informal but pleasant restaurant. Generous servings of melt in the mouth meats and then the usual assorted roast dinner sundries, all nicely cooked and hot. Only one minor criticism was the roast potatoes, we suspect they may have been frozen, but not sure and they still tasted good. Proper gravy made with the meat juices too. It was our good fortune that our other choices were fully booked as we all enjoyed it very much and had such a decent feed there was no need to cook an evening meal! We will return.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank josofranko
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I came here last minute on the day of my honey as AirbNb had let me down & I thought this would be a nice place to stay on my honeymoon.
The room we were given was a shared balcony & someone was sitting directly outside our balcony (not the seating outside their balcony) smoking & chatting loudly, we had to have the door open as hot but became annoying, as the TV & Fan were broken.

We went to reception to ask to change room & firstly the receptions told me no other rooms, eventually she swamped my room. We then changed room & were a lower level room than what we paid for & the double bed was two single beds that were supposed to be zipped as one but they wouldn't connect as the latch on the bed was broken & the zip connecting the two beds together was broken, leaving a gap that meant beds kept separating.

We then went to reception & the receptionist had left 40 minutes early!! We eventually got through to the manager, who thankfully changed our room, however although a superior room it didn't have the balcony & I was told on the site I booked it, a balcony was included & I paid for a double bed room & only got two singles. Two single beds on my honeymoon! We spent 2 hours trying to resolve of all of this, going from room to room. Not what I expected for £78! Ruined my honeymoon because we were then in a mood, didn't get what we paid for & two single beds, I deserved a refund for this shambles. The only saving grace was that the golf course facilities were very nice.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
BowoodParkGolf, Front Office Manager at Bowood Park Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

So sorry that this ruined your honeymoon its a comedy of errors that should not have occurred, i have no excuses but can assure you that the issues you experianced have now been addressed.

Thank you for your comments without them we do not know where we need to improve.

Simon