“Dinner”

Ranked #4 of 18 Restaurants in Boscastle
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Two evening meals at the napoleon inn great menu and good portions. Staff are great chatty. Beer garden so you can take the children and dogs for a swift half .

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for The Napoleon Inn

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Some places in Boscastle are hit or miss. We relaxed quickly here; it is obviously well run. We were warmly greeted by a most competent lady who pulled me a superb Hick's Special Draught (High Speed Death). Four of us enjoyed a range of the menu. The cooking and service were excellent. Much interesting local history to be read, although the Napoleon/Wellington connection is tenuous. A fine, traditional dining pub.

1  Thank embleton07
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

The title says it all really, good beer (some straight from the cask) and good food. The staff are very attentive and friendly.
Recommended.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

We loved this local pub that we visited each of the two nights we stayed in Boscastle. I had my very first taste of sticky toffee pudding which I happily ate for 3 days after the I took the leftovers away with me. I also had plaice for the first time, a light, flounder-like fish, that was served with tiny shrimp over stir-fried veggies in a chile sauce. YUM! The menu choices offered a wide range and the carrot soup is something not to be missed.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Boscastle from 19th June to 23rd June at the Bottreaux House B & B which meant we had four evening meals to be catered for. No problem, we'd try the pub next door.Always a risk, no knowledge of the area or recommendations leaves you with little choice....oh well I'll vote with my feet and if it was rubbish never go again. Bingo! first night was a pleasant surprise.A filling meal in the main bar with bags of character, friendly staff, friendly locals and visitors alike. Well priced with usual array of what you'd expect from a pub. I had a rump steak meal which was generous to say the least as well as the local fish meal another night.We spent three of our four evenings there with one of the evening meals in a harbourside venue. To be frank only for a change. The two venues next door to each other complemented each other nicely for us. On the Tuesday evening, I gather is a weekly event, the Boscastle Boys were singing...a 'local group of gents singing traditional shanty type songs....a true treasure, something sadly that seems to be dying out in this modern world. This just added to the atmosphere and after a good meal and a few beers probably the best evening we'd had in a long time. As mentioned before the staff Louise and Jericca made the visits welcoming...didn't feel like outsiders at all its just a shame the pub is eight hours drive away! Please visit and keep this gem in the community.

1  Thank Richard A