All reviews two double beds next door pitch view virgin gym match days car park free access health club england rugby hotel guests rugby match rugby fans room was spacious checking in room rate buffet breakfast you'd expect
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We used the hotel for a cupper before we did the Twickenham tour this morning

Friendly and chatty service in the bar

Good cup of tea

Really annoying wobbly table and the loos stank in the bar (not great - sorry)

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Kavita78, Manager at London Marriott Hotel Twickenham, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the London Marriott Hotel Twickenham and providing your honest feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent this occurring in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Twickenham.

KAVITA BENGALI
Executive Chef
London Marriott Hotels Twickenham

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for the rugby 7s weekend. It worked out cheaper to stay here than anywhere else.
Three of us sharing a room.
Room was pleasant enough just what we needed. Plenty of bedding, a fridge as well so we could cool our drinks before we went out.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sarah G
Reviewed 17 August 2018

My husband and I, son, daughter in law and to very young Grandsons stayed here the day of a family wedding in Kew Gardens. We had read that rooms would not be available until afternoon and asked if there was a chance we could have an early check in as needed to get to Kew for 3.30pm. The two young men in reception could not have been more helpful. The rooms were ready by 11.30 an try was superb. Lovely king sized bed beautiful bathroom and shower. You can chose your pillow to suit. Breakfast was plentiful and plenty of choice. Built right next to Twickenham stadium and you have free use of Virgin gym and pool, would stay her again in a heartbeat. Thank you to all the lovely helpful staff.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor and was very quiet.
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Tina29Redditch_Worcs
Reviewed 16 August 2018

Room I stayed in is not worth £30 max let alone the £70 i paid for it, the 2nd night £110, Air con shocking noise. 2 sofas in there have seen better days and i felt they had collected all the insects over the years and have never been cleaned. When you are in there check for yourself.
When i arrived i was sent to the wrong parking place, the entire stadium had building work everywhere, which made life difficult getting around, the General manager does not like dealing with people and has a serious attitude which is strange as he is in the hospitality industry..... There was a wedding happening which took up all the staff, leaving no staff elsewhere and i was never told about this when i booked.... I had to call up for my room to be cleaned, you can hear everyone outside the door and in the rooms, my fiancee cut her mouth on a broken glass at the bar - the staff simply said "sorry" did not offer any compo etc baring in mind 2 cocktails £18.

All the staff are lazy and never want to deal with your query. The gym facilities ( Virgin Active ) was next door which meant coming out of your room - through reception - going outside and then into the building. So the hotel technically does not have a gym they use next doors. Forget about calling complaints department as they are just as bad - although i got compensated a 5000 points, check it up for yourself, this is nothing - its a night in a hotel worse than the one I stayed at here. So you decide for yourself. I do not feel this is enough as they ruined my entire anniversary weekend, the room looked like a holiday Inn ( which is actually better because at least you pay for what you get there ) I will never visit a Marriott again and thank god for the likes of AirBnB because arrogant Hotels like the Marriott should not be in business - a professional con and i genuinely do not write reviews normally or ever but because this place annoyed me so much I feel the next lot of people that go there should really consider what they are doing. One other thing i also noticed is that when we arrived and went to our rooms we noticed lots of cutlery outside the rooms - well to give you an idea of the service, the cutlery was never moved, even when we left they were still there outside the hotel room. :)
Therefore i urge you to seriously think about how you are going to ruin your stay at his place. HORRENDOUS - Area is plain with lots of roads......

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank a21212018
Marta R, Front Office Supervisor at London Marriott Hotel Twickenham, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear Mr,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. My name is MARTA RODRIGUEZ SANTIAGO and I am the
Front Desk Supervisor at the London Marriott Hotel Twickenham. It has come to my attention that the service you received during your recent stay did not meet your expectations. For this, I sincerely apologize.

The experience you described is not characteristic of the level of service our associates strive to provide. I would love the opportunity to hear more about your recent stay in an effort to prevent this issue from occurring in the future.

Please let me know the best contact number and time to reach you, or feel free to contact me via phone anytime at 0208 891 8200 or email if you prefer on marta.rodriguezsantiago@marriott.com.

I look forward to speaking with you in order to restore your confidence in the London Marriott Hotel Twickenham.

MARTA RODRIGUEZ SANTIAGO
Front Desk Supervisor
London Marriott Hotel Twickenham
marta.rodriguezsantiago@marriott.com
0208 891 8200

Reviewed 15 August 2018

Stayed here for 3 comfortable nights as business took me to the Twickenham area. Hotel is part of Twickenham Stadium about 10 minute walk from Twickenham town centre and station (for those who need to head into the central London). It seems to be used extensively by large tour groups, presumably given its location away from central London.
Rooms were large and have pretty much everything you would expect for a Marriott.
The hotel shares use of the Virgin Active Gym next door which is huge. The first time you enter you merely register your room no and sign some forms.
Breakfasts buffet was OK, nothing spectacular. Usual fare of eggs, sausage etc plus cereals. Also Asian section (for the large Asian tour groups I suspect).
Overall if you need to be in this area I recommend this hotel. Bit of a trek if this is your option as a tourist visiting London.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business