“Bit pricey but when on holiday.....”
Review of Richie's Cafe-bar

Richie's Cafe-bar
Ranked #22 of 227 Restaurants in Bridlington
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We ate here because it was dog friendly, felt a bit awkward ordering the drinks as the bar staff and customers sat round the bar(who I think were regulars) were all having a conversation. The food was average, don't think we will eat here again.

3  Thank DeborahF812

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for fish and chips. It isn’t clear on walking in where you should order from and I ordered to take out, the kids were sat on a table outside so I assumed this was eating out; apparently that is still classed as eating in and the lady serving was pretty rude about it. We weren’t the only ones who had this problem as I heard the next family getting their heads bitten off because they ordered their food and took a seat in the seating area, they were demanded to go back to the till to pay the difference if they were eating in (think I heard the family say it worked out cheaper to eat in anyway but I’m not sure)
The food wasn’t amazing, good crispy batter but not the biggest fish for the price. Overall I found this place overpriced for not great food and the attitude of the staff made me feel a bit awkward for not understanding where to order and what the protocol is for eating in or taking away. I won’t eat here again on my next visit to Bridlington, much better fish and chips cheaper further along the promenade

3  Thank mumofthree3uk
Richies777, Manager at Richie's Cafe-bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

I am very sorry if you did not see any of the signs at the takeaway counter explaining the word takeaway and that it does not allow you to sit on the tables outside the cafe. It does however allow you to eat takeaway in the picnic area, which is an area that we provide and also on our roof terrace which is why I am taking the time to write this response.

My staff are most certainly not rude and the reason that we can get so busy is that people like the friendly approach that we receive them with, so much so that they return, time and time again. I can appreciate that it can’t be easy being a mother of three and being asked to move may be unsettling for you but these spaces directly outside the cafe are reserved for Cafe customers and if we allow people to sit where they want then we might as well just become a takeaway and serve everything in plastic, cardboard and polystyrene. It would certainly make my job a lot easier but at the same point it wouldn’t provide the area with somewhere that many people wish to visit. People eating takeaway items in the picnic area would not be told that they cannot sit there, we put this area in for that very purpose, we accommodate for the same on our roof terrace.

We have been complimented on our food all weekend but given that you have already exaggerated your review then I won’t dwell on this aspect of it.

I wish you well on future dining experiences, however my advice would be if you order takeaway then take it away, if only simply to avoid any confusion.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

I visit here regularly with my friend Darren and I can honestly say this is by far the best cafe in bridlington, it really is the tops both in food and staff

Reviewed 7 March 2018

This is a very welcoming bar with great views of the beach. They serve good value good and drink. Also do good ice creams for the kids.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

during our long weekend visit to Bridlington we visit the café everyday whilst out walking, atmosphere was lovely, very busy even though it was very cold outside.
A lot of people with dogs and they all behaved. Very cosy and warm , service was quick, and a very clean place even though everybody was coming in off the beach with the dogs. food hot fresh and reasonable priced.
Apple pie went down a treat !!