“Extra puffin spotting!”

The Yorkshire Belle
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

The 1.5 hour trip was the perfect length of time. Whilst not an rspb tour the guide on the boat pointed out plenty of birds including puffins which is what we wanted to see. The boat goes from the corner of the north bay harbour. You can’t pre book tickets so get there early. It’s chilly out on the water even in sunshine. Wonderful way to see the cliffs and birds from a different perspective.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"great value"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Knowing in advance before we visited Bridlington for the day that we wanted to take the Sea Bird Cruise I never found the answers I was looking for on Belles website so I called. The information I was given on the phone that the Belle would be sailing for an hour and a half at 1.30 for £8 each turned out when we got there all to be incorrect. The only sailing was 2.15 for 2 and a quarter hours for £13 each. However, this didn't deter us if anything I wouldn't recommend anything less than 2 and a quarter hours as it wouldn't be possible to reach all the nesting sea birds that we saw today, 500,000 according to the Captain. We reached as far as Bampton Cliffs where gannets were nesting previous to that we saw nesting gilly mots and seaguls. The highlight of the trip for me was my first time ever to see puffins only about 8 in comparrison to the masses of other birds but regardless I was delighted to see them at all. Apart from all the birds the coastal landscape at Flamborough and Bampton cliffs with the variety of caves that can only be seen from the sea are fairly spectacular and the rocks that fishermen have nicknamed Elephant Rocks.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

Just had the pleasure of doing the rspb puffin and gannet cruise on the Yorkshire belle. Been looking forward to this since I booked it in Feb.on arrival to the harbour it was looking like we might not be going as you couldn't see much looking across the way we was heading.but we boarded and the skipper said he was happy to start the route hoping it would change round the cliff corner,,started off obviously foggy and not much to see but a bit further out it started clearing and we were spotting seabirds Then a bit more fog still we were getting great commentary from the rspb chap over the tannoy pointing birds out and generally been positive it would clear,the as if by magic we got near bempton cliffs and it was as clear as day.the boat even stops so you can take pictures of everything around you on the cliffs in the sea or flying over they then spin the boat round so the other side can see so no need to panic..after a great 2 hrs of seabird spotting it was time to head back and low and behold it was still foggy in Bridlington,,on a hole I really enjoyed this trip and would recommend to anybody the only thing is you never know what the British weather will throw at you,,well done Yorkshire belle staff and rspb volunteers

Reviewed 3 June 2018

I took a 2 hr trip from the harbour into the fog. I didn't really expect too much as the fog had been with us for more than a week. It was more of a reccie for when my mate's kids come to stay.
Very happy with the trip! The captain hugged the coast so the mist didn't spoil the view as we were so near to it. We saw all the birds nesting and flocks of them diving and swarming. A running commentary from the captain was really helpful, pointing out the birds and the sites. I know foxtrot alpha about birds but even I thought the puffins were extra cute!
I can't wait to do this again.
Lovely old boat, it had all the necessaries and the crew are really helpful.
My best day out ever in the fog!