All reviews fines bayliwick quirky hotel nice setting modern bathroom home away from home plenty of hot water stayed one night a lovely stay an overnight stay ascot key races taps
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for one night whilst working locally. My company recommended it. It's more like a suped up guest house. There's a sitting room, a very small bar, and you pre order your breakfast choice the night before. It's all very pleasant and the staff were really friendly and helpful. There's parking for plenty of cars and it's easy to find too. In the height of summer I'm sure the gardens would be a pleasure to sit in as well. The room was simple but adequate. The price was excellent for what I got. I had a desk and wardrobe in my room and the ensuite was a shower/loo/basin. Plenty of creepy floorboards as this is an older property.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2016

We stayed here for a night whilst going to the ascot races. There was an initial mix up with the rooms but the hotel staff corrected this swiftly. We arrived an hour before check in and were told we would have to pay £10 to check in early, of course this is common, however it would have been nice to have been given exception especially as the rooms were ready and we needed to change into our clothes for ascot. The hotel allowed us to change in the toilets. The rooms were nice and comfortable as was the shower. The hotel reception closes at 11pm so ensure you get a key before you leave otherwise you could be left locked outside!!
the grounds are beautiful and there is a nice feel to it. I would describe as more of a guest house. rooms come with all facilities which is nice

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2016

After reading other reviews we weren't sure what to expect but we had a lovely surprise, was welcomed by a nice guy who couldn't of been more friendly, room was lovely and clean with a modern bathroom, we had a quick drink in the bar while waiting for our lift and the bar area and grounds leading off the bar were lovely, slept like baby's, nice and peaceful. Good hotel, give it a chance.

Room tip: Room 16 was lovely
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed for one night. The hotel is a bit tired and could do with a spruce up. However my room was adequate for my needs- going to a party and needed somewhere to stay overnight afterwards before traveling home. The hot water tap didn't work, i turned it and the whole tap swivelled around! The weather was very humid so I wasn't too bothered as the cold tap was fine. The shower was clean and surprisingly modern compared to the rest of the room.
I had a double bed which was very hard but i managed to sleep ok.
My door didn't seem very secure, there was a gap around the frame you could almost see out of.
There was tea making equipment but only one small cup and saucer- it was only me in the room but it would have been nice to have the extra cup
I didn't have breakfast as it seemed quite expensive, instead went to a Harvester which was about 5 mins in the car
The hotel carpark was very full and it made manoeuvring difficult
I'm unlikely to need a hotel in Bracknell again but if I did I probably won't stay at Fined

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Esha-FinesBayliwick, Manager at Fines Bayliwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments, Fines Bayliwick Hotel is set in an old Victorian building and thus it portray charming character of the hotel with modern amenities. All shower en-suites in the hotel have been refurbished 3-month ago.
I am sorry you went to Harvester for breakfast but we also serve full English cooked breakfast every morning for only £10, this is very competitive and good value compared to any other hotel in the area.
We truly hope to welcome your stay in near future.

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

The worst Hotel in the UK .
Double booked room and a women came into my room as I came out the toilet , then the manager came in my room and told me to get out even though it was 10.30 at night.
Then they moved me to a work mates room , the bed was a 1 inch thick piece of foam and one sheet on the floor, didn't sleep all night and as I snore he went and slept in the van. Apparently I was moved in to the executive sweet and should be grateful.

The bar sell tins of Tesco beer at £3. 50 a can.
The evening meals consists of Indian food cooked in a microwave, the breakfast was the worst thing ever and the coffee cold or was it coffee it was that bad .
The staff are rude and most just grunt as they don't speak English.
Also the smell of mold or sewage in the toilets is awfully strong.

Overall I'd give it a minus ten it was that bad .

Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank jamestkurk

Dear James,
Thank you for your comments, your manager and our staff upon check-in clearly informed you that your original booking was cancelled as the advanced payment was NOT made. We went out of our way to accommodate 3 x double rooms for you and your other 3-colleagues during a very busy Royal Farnborough Air Show.
Your company could not find a hotel anywhere at the time!!
We also upgraded you to an Executive room from a standard double room for the inconvenience of sharing one night (out of 4-nights stay) with 1-colleague who had separate foldable bed whilst you had full King size bed. Your other 2-collegueas had their other 2-rooms.
We already had apologised for the inconvenience as the above arrangement was agreed with your office who made the booking on your behalf. You were supposed to handover the room key and transfer your luggage to your colleague room for 1-night, but instead you caused embarrassment to other guests and staff by not checking out of the room.
Despite we had showed you the email from your office we are dismayed and sad to see your dishonest and false comments.