1,593 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here in August on a weekend break. The hotel was very clean and we had a ground floor room which was very spacious. The meal was very good and plenty of choice for dinner and sweet, even my sister was pleased and she is a fussy eater. Breakfast as with dinner was self service and there were everything you wanted. All staff very helpful and friendly The bar had 2 for 1 drinks from 5pm til 7pm. Compered to every other hotel we have stayed at on one of our weekend breaks it was one of the best. It doesn't deserve all the bad comments provide by other visitors. Would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: ground floor rooms are very good, didn't hear any noise through the night
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here from the 9th until 12th september. I read a few reviews on this hotel before we went and i must say this hotel does not deserve some of the bad reviews it receives.
Yes the hotel is a bit dated but they are on re-decorating the hotel. I found our room to be clean and tidy and quite a decent size. The staff are nothing but very friendly and helpful and the food i could not fault at all, plenty of choice and breakfast and dinner. I would definately stay here again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Tired and very ordinary are relatively charitable adjectives for this establishment.

The staff were pleasant, and I didn't have any concerns about the cleanliness of my room - though the wardrobe door was off its runner and wouldn't function properly. I reported it, someone came and tinkered with it, but it still didn't work. I did see stained carpets elsewhere, including in my friend's room.

The food was poor, clearly straight from the wholesaler, defrosted and heated up. I don't think anything was freshly prepared on site for the evening meals. And one evening the "chef"'s "whites" were anything but - and a dish-towel over his shoulder!! - two HUGE no-nos. This may be a budget hotel - but the kitchen should be able to do better.

The decor is without doubt the oddest I have ever seen - from centaur-type statuary outside, recumbent buddha-like figures lying atop the bar and elsewhere in the lounge area, not to mention possibly Roman-themed paintings on the ceiling (!!!), and Regency-style prints in the dining room, to the rather pleasant Renoir print in my room.

Strange, very strange.

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night as part of a coach trip. Didn't know which hotel we would be staying in until 7 days before. I'd read reviews then, so was actually dreading It, but thought give it the benefit of the doubt.
It looks grotty from the outside. Inside it's like stepping back in time, it was like being on the titanic, so out dated, carpets on entry were filthy, not a good first impression.
There were 5 of us in our party, so got our 2 room swipe cards, but rooms on different floors at opposite ends of the hotel. Not a great start.
Went to the first one which was to sleep my husband and our 6 year old twins. The door wouldn't open. Had to give it a huge shove. Recently painted gloss work was making the door very hard to open, and close from the other side. The funny thing was the sign on the back of the door "fire door please keep closed" This worried me in the event of a fire would my family be able to get out. On going into the bathroom there was paint shavings on the floor, the bath and sink was dirty.
The window was open, and wouldn't close. The view was of a flat roof with air con equipment. So anyone could climb into the bedroom.
I was less than happy so decided to go look at the other twin room that my daughter and myself would be staying in. The place is like a maze, up to another floor, round several bends and we found our corridor, with a lift on it, it had a sliding door, it looked like something you would find in faulty towers. Anyway opened a fire door to go to our room and the smell of "weed" hit you like a bat round the head. Our room was right at the end. What a dump. Coffee or tea stains down the walls, furniture was so out dated it looked un safe to use. On the back of the door was a sign saying "This is a smokers room" It stank. I am not a smoker and couldn't possibly sleep in that room.
Went to reception to ask for new rooms. The duty manager said they were fully booked due to a wedding party. But he did give me a tin of air freshener to spray in the room. Now there's customer service for you. He came up to look at the first room and managed to shut the window, said sorry the cleaners hadn't cleaned properly. I said the door was a fire risk, would he be held accountable if there was a fire, all he said was I can guarantee there won't be a fire. Not in the slightest was he interested in putting anything right.
Other people complained, one that there was no plug in the bath (we'll get you one in an hour was his reply) another that the tv didn't work and there was no dial tone on his phone, not interested. We didn't even have a phone in our rooms.
Anyway all 5 of us ended up sleeping in the non smoking room in a double and a single bed. We had to make do.
The food was basic and bland. The cleaning left a lot to be desired, with dirty mouldy window frames.
Would I stay here again ....NEVER
The best part about it was walking out and getting back on our coach!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Clbb39
Reviewed 2 September 2018

Stayed here as part of a coach trip , NEVER AGAIN !
Dirty , dated , horrible smell throughout the hotel , staff no people skills & very blunt to the point of rudeness.
The Hotel needs a complete revamp & ditch the disgusting carpets, curtains & old furniture , only positive is the food was ok
Best part was checking out !

Room Tip: Don’t bother
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family